Maintenance Buyer Featured
- Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Job ID
Maintenance Buyer job at XOJET Aviation LLC in Fort Lauderdale FL
Description, duties, responsibilities
The Maintenance Buyer interprets XOJET policies and procedures as well as regulatory requirements and develops plans appropriate to the tasks as associated with this position.
- Perform purchasing functions as required to ensure company consistently receives high value goods and services
- Process warranty claims between company and vendors
- Utilize parts inventory and inventory control systems and organization.
- Perform periodic inventory audit (cycle counts)
- Close purchase orders using shipping and receiving systems
- Review parts consumption against work orders to ensure completeness and accuracy prior to closing
- Interfaces with Accounts Payable to administer vendor credits receivable and/or payable requirements
- Responsible for maintaining a safe work environment and reporting any unsafe conditions to management
- Shift work. Requires availability to work weekend holidays and/or evenings depending on business needs
- Work in a highly stressful and demanding work environment with ever changing priorities
- Other duties as assigned by the hiring manager.
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of at least High School Diploma
- One year of technical buying experience in a FAR Part 135 91 or 121 environment preferred.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite of products
- Knowledge and experience utilizing (aviation) work order software maintenance tracking software word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Working knowledge of (domestic and international) shipping regulations and industry best practices.
- Be familiar with purchasing processes shipping and receiving as well as warranty administration.
- Have knowledge and experience with aviation parts and supplies preferred.
- Ability to multi task and work efficiently and accurately under pressure.
- Department: Maintenance
- Location: Fort Lauderdale FL
- Reports To: Purchasing Manager
- FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
XOJET Aviation LLC Company Overview
XOJET is one of the largest private aviation companies in North America. We own and operate the largest on-demand fleet of super-midsize private jets in the U.S. supplemented by a Preferred Partner Network of over 1450+ aircraft – all of which are maintained to exceed the highest level of safety standards in the industry. XOJET was the first private aviation company to enable its entire fleet with complimentary Wi-Fi and has earned the industrys highest safety ratings including ARGUS Platinum Wyvern Wingman and ISBAO Stage III. We employ 400+ employees across the country and have offices in San Francisco Sacramento New York Los Angeles and Palm Beach. Our clients include a wide range of businesses and individuals across a spectrum of industries including finance private equity technology media and entertainment.