Supervisor Drug & Alcohol Compliance Featured
- Ft Lauderdale, Florida
- Job ID
Supervisor Drug Alcohol Compliance job at XOJET Aviation LLC in Ft Lauderdale FL
Description, duties, responsibilities
The Supervisor of Drug and Alcohol Compliance is the primary point of contact and responsible for employment clearances of Safety Sensitive Employees (PRIA). In compliance with Federal Regulations and Company Policy will perform duties as Primary Designated Employee Representative (DER) to modify and/or establish new (where needed) formal system processes that support the drug and alcohol testing and chain-of-custody protocols that meet the internal testing requirements and the requirements set forth by the regulatory agencies (federal state local). Company Program Manager and NATA liaison for the Known Crew Member Program (KCM). Substance abuse and HIMS Program Manager. Additional responsibilities include management of Drug and Alcohol Compliance Coordinator.
Drug and Alcohol Compliance: XOJET Aviation LLC (DOT and Non-DOT) XOJET Sales LLC (Non-DOT) XO Assets LLC (Non-DOT) XO Holding LLC (Non-DOT) and GMJ Air Shuttle LLC (Non-DOT):
- Pre-Employment Random Follow-Up Post-Accident Reasonable Suspicion and Return to Duty
- Pre-Employment Drug Testing: Responsible for timely coordination of all required pre-employment drug testing.
- Random Drug Testing:
- Coordination of the D&A testing program: collection site set-ups (including afterhours appointments) and interfacing with testing laboratory representatives employee notifications paperwork follow- up and filing ; ensure proper notification to all channels in case of a positive result.
- Ensure accurate system safety-sensitive headcounts are up-to-date and that all affected employees are included in the random testing pools (i.e. DOT Non-Dot.)
- Ensure organizational data is kept accurate and current in the TPA database
- Ensure appropriate pricing is reflected in the billing received from TPA as per the signed contract; approve invoices for payment in Hyland/OnBase.
- Develop and implement tools to meet the educational needs of our operational districts to prevent substance abuse (i.e. posters pamphlets classroom training video and computer-based learning tools).
- Maintain all program documentation as required by law.
- Participates in the audit required by external customers and all other governing agencies.
- Creates test packets and distributes as necessary i.e. new hire post random lost/damaged etc.).
PRIA and Criminal Background Compliance (All Safety Sensitive Employees): (XOJET Aviation LLC (DOT) and GMJ Air Shuttle LLC (Non-DOT):
- Sets up Safety Sensitive files for each new Safety Sensitive New Hire
- Processes New Hire and Contract Employee PRIA Applications – works with candidate to ensure completion and accuracy both onsite and for offsite events
- Submits background check paperwork to NATA for processing
- Monitors clearance of NATA Background checks daily to ensure new data is processed.
- Assists with the administration of the FAA Fingerprint-based Criminal History Records Checks (CHRSs) program
- Reviews criminal background results
- Contacts courts as needed for clearance of criminal background hits
- Coordinates with Director of HR and Department Managers as needed
- Reviews Air Carrier Records and Drug and Alcohol; Contacts previous carriers for missing results
- Ensures complete and accurate data
- Obtains approval and signature from CPO upon PRIA completion and notifies all appropriate departments that the employee has cleared PRIA.
- Facilitates training and monitors established training for D&A covered employees
- PRIA Requests (former employees): As required by FAA Regulations complete DOT Drug and Alcohol Testing and PRIA Verifications Documents for previous employees.
Audit Compliance: (XOJET Aviation LLC (DOT) and GMJ Air Shuttle LLC (Non-DOT):
- Prepares Annual Compliance Reports for Drug and Alcohol Programs and Maintains FAA required corporate lists
- Participates in required Self-Audits
- Reports any critical compliance deficiencies that affect the company operations and recommendations corrective action
- Participates in any regulatory audits
- Audits Safety Sensitive Records to ensure compliance
- Responsible for maintaining program manuals postings and employee notifications as required.
- Continually monitors the TSA web board and all NATA communications on a daily basis to identify new regulatory requirements
Known Crew Member Program Administration –KCM:(XOJET Aviation LLC (DOT) and GMJ Air Shuttle LLC (Non-DOT):
- Enrolls employees and coordinates with NATA the issuance of badges – new hire recurrent lost/damaged
- Maintains badge data base (in-house)
- Deactivates and collects badges of terminated employees.
- Preforms program audits to insure accuracy of crew members eligibility
Substance Abuse/HIMS Program Manager : XOJET Aviation LLC (DOT and Non-DOT) XOJET Sales LLC (Non-DOT) XO Assets LLC (Non-DOT) XO Holding LLC (Non-DOT) and GMJ Air Shuttle LLC (Non-DOT):
- Outreach and Educate company on programs
- Provide program guidance to participants
- Educate peer pilots on the HIMS program process substance abuse concerns and there roll as a peer pilot
- Modify and/or establish new (where needed) program documents
- Cultivate and maintain relationship with SAP treatment center EAP and other vendors required to insure program success
- Research educational programs on substance abuse coordinate employee attendance for these programs and attend programs
- Coordinate employee attendance and attend annual HIMS conferences
- Perform other special projects as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE
- Excellent time managements and organizational skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to interact with employees various levels of management
- Ability maintain strict confidentiality
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with operating procedures and manuals for government agencies
- Experience reading writing styles of Federal agencies
- Computer literate with strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of the following agency programs helpful:
- FAA Office of Regulation and Certification Aerospace Medical Drug Abatement Programs
- FAA Flights Standards (PRIA)
- FAA and Department of Homeland Security Clearance Procedures
- Transportation Security Administration Processing Requirements (TSA)
- National Fingerprint Collection Clearinghouse (NFCC)
- A degree in Business Administration B.A or B.S preferred.
- Previous aviation experience is desired.
- Department: Human Resources
- Location: KFLL
- Reports to: SVP Human Resources
- FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
XOJET Aviation LLC Company Overview
XOJET is one of the largest private aviation companies in North America. We own and operate the largest on-demand fleet of super-midsize private jets in the U.S. supplemented by a Preferred Partner Network of over 1450+ aircraft – all of which are maintained to exceed the highest level of safety standards in the industry. XOJET was the first private aviation company to enable its entire fleet with complimentary Wi-Fi and has earned the industrys highest safety ratings including ARGUS Platinum Wyvern Wingman and ISBAO Stage III. We employ 400+ employees across the country and have offices in San Francisco Sacramento New York Los Angeles and Palm Beach. Our clients include a wide range of businesses and individuals across a spectrum of industries including finance private equity technology media and entertainment.