Specialist One Team Safety Programs Hot
- Houston, Texas
- Job ID
Specialist One Team Safety Programs job at XTRA Airways in Houston TX
Description, duties, responsibilities
Reporting to the Director- Safety and Security the Specialist One Teams Safety Programs is responsible for conducting flight and safety data analysis for Flight Operations Quality Assurance (FOQA) team Safety Action Program and Fatigue Risk Management. This position also supports the safety assurance programs for the XTRA Airways Safety Management System (SMS). This position within XTRA Airways is a valued resource in contributing to the identification risk assessment and mitigation of hazards control of hazards completion of new systems changes in systems and changes in procedures to ensure safety quality and compliance. Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify risk and hazards in the operation through flight data analysis
- Process and track aircraft flight data and aircraft downloads
- Oversee the monthly FOQA Monitoring Team Meeting (FMT)
- Provide reports and briefings on flight data trending Assist Tech Ops Engineering in monitoring aircraft heath and predictive aircraft health monitoring
- Assist Tech Ops Engineering in monitoring aircraft heath and predictive aircraft health monitoring
- Assist in implementation of corporate safety database systems
- Assist in maintaining the company safety audit and surveillance system
- Analyze data elements required for determining safety assurance review
- Conduct data analysis of operational evaluations through peer-to-peer observations/audits of operational processes policies and procedures on a regularly and ad hoc scheduled basis
- Provide results which identify opportunities for corrective action or continuous improvement based on observation and audit results
- Perform data analysis on the Safety Performance Objectives
- Ensure compliance with Xtra Airway s Safety Management System (SMS) requirements
- Oversight of the primary safety reporting systems for XTRA Airways
- One Team Safety Action Program (SAP)
- Fatigue Risk Management Programs
- Irregular Operations Reports
- Coordinate and manage the Event Review Committee (ERC) and Fatigue Review Committee (FRC) Meetings
- Maintain a quarterly SAP newsletter for each reporting team to distribute data to the relevant front-line employees
- Attend Industry Safety Meetings and conferences representing XTRA Airways as a leader in Aviation Safety
- Represent the SAP/FRMP on the Safety Action Teams and Safety Round Tables
- Continuous learning and education in contemporary safety
- Other reporting programs as assigned by the Vice President or Director of Safety and Security
- Four-year college degree or equivalent
- Working knowledge of operations processes and data to include Safety Managements Systems (SMS)
- Working knowledge of the Aviation Safety Action Program FAR 117
- Previous technical aviation experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite including Project and Visio with expert knowledge of Excel
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Experience in briefing subject material to large groups and upper management
- Experience with organizational behavior change management and system thinking
- Display initiative self-motivation and be well organized
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with frequent changes and deadlines
- Undergraduate/Graduate degree in Aviation Safety
- FAA Instrument Pilot Rating or greater
- Working knowledge of industry regulations and compliance standards including Part 5 Safety Management System FAA DOD ICAO and IATA regulations
- Two years of quality safety and/or compliance experience including some experience implementing SMS or Lean management principles
- Working knowledge of safety management system tenets risk management principles and root cause analysis
Purpose: While practicing Safety Always in every aspect of job performance and aircraft operations all XTRA Airways crewmembers inspire travel by keeping our promises to customers and crewmembers and building customer loyalty. All XTRA Airways crewmembers are responsible for the safe efficient and effective operation of XTRA Airways system while always meeting all regulatory requirements and executing company standard operating procedures. XTRA Airways Crewmembers lead by living all our values of Safety Always Keeping It Simple Do the Right Thing and One Crew on every flight every day.
Outcomes and Responsibilities
1) Safety: Demonstrate safety ownership in every aspect of their responsibilities performance and behavior to ensure the successful outcome of every flight.
- Ensure all identified safety or regulatory non-compliance and/or ineffective processes are reported so they can be assessed and corrected by XTRA Airways.
- Actively participate in and contribute to our XTRA Airways safety management system
- Actively support XTRA Airways safety promotions.
- Report all identified hazards through the safety reporting system.
- Use SOP s to execute consistently to achieve intended outcomes.
2) Standards: Work as one crew with other departments and other crewmembers
- Identify and share opportunities for improvement to help us find ways to get even better
3) Customer and Crewmember Leadership: Build customer loyalty and live our One Crew value by leading to deliver on our purpose values vision and brand.
- Enable effective crew performance by communicating transparently and authentically with all crewmembers
- Build customer trust and loyalty by communicate directly and authentically with customers with care kindness and respect and in our brand voice
- Work with all flight crewmembers to work together and perform effectively by modeling our Values and living our Vision in everything
Leadership: creates Safety Always meets regulatory and company standards and enables excellence by all crewmembers by leading to create timely effective performance with a focus on purpose and results.
Effective Communication: builds one crew performance and customer trust and loyalty through effective listening to understand and sharing information with customers and crewmembers.
Critical Thinking: Identifies evaluates and selects optimal actions to operate safely effectives and efficiently. Identifies and shares opportunities to improve so we get even better.
Team First Mindset: Places we before me to enable seamless One Crew performance and seamless execution. Humble and proud of contributing to and achieving team results. Composed: assesses and acts purposefully in all situations. Responds to stressful situations by determining the right course of action to maintain safety meet regulatory standards and keep our commitments to customers and crewmembers.
Must be United States citizen (or ability to work in the United States)
XTRA Airways Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.