Flight Test Operator Featured
- Yolo, California
- Job ID
Flight Test Operator job at Zipline in Yolo CA
Description, duties, responsibilities
Do you want to change the world? Zipline uses drones to deliver critical and lifesaving medicine to thousands of hospitals serving millions of people in multiple countries. Our mission is to provide every human on Earth with instant access to vital medical supplies. Join Zipline and help us make this a reality for billions of people.
About You And The Role
As a Flight Test Operator you will have the critical task of testing the systems we deploy to ensure that we can deliver medical products reliably every time. This includes preflighting and launching aircraft preparing packages for delivery performing tests on new hardware and software and constantly working to improve the process. Youll also be expected to provide detailed technical feedback and ideas to the engineering team on how to make our system safer and smarter in consideration of production and commercial operations. Your work will directly improve the reliable availability of medical products and supplies for patients at the hospitals and health centers that Zipline serves across the world.
What Youll Do
- Fly - Assembling preflighting launching and recovering planes in order to test and optimize Ziplines operational systems and validate new engineering changes.
- Maintain - Maintaining the fleet of aircraft and ground equipment.
- Test - Running tests to validate system improvements new technologies and new processes.
- Improve - Looking for opportunities to continuously improve our processes our hardware and software and make operations easier and more efficient for operations centers around the world.
- Release - consider commercial operations as we release features and functions to the field.
- Grow - Supporting Ziplines efforts to scale our operations to hundreds of distribution centers around the world.
- You have a background in aviation or aerospace.
- You have experience in a maintenance function working hands on with complex electro-mechanical systems.
- You enjoy work that gets you out from behind a desk in the field and working with our hardware and software in action.
- Youre excited to work outdoors at an open-air hangar in the rugged foothills of Northern California and would be happy doing so for about 85% of the day.
- You thrive in an autonomous environment where you identify what needs to happen and get it done with very little oversight.
- You lead by example and enjoy the satisfaction of collaborating with a dedicated team on a common goal.
- You are oriented towards creative problem solving in an unpredictable and dynamic environment.
- You enjoy optimizing and fine-tuning processes while running them daily.
- You are meticulous and process-oriented by nature.
- You are excited at the potential to travel domestically and internationally anywhere from 2 weeks to 6 months.
Please note that you:
Must be willing to work some nights/weekends.
Must be a US citizen or Permanent Resident.
Must be able to work in the Yolo County CA region on a daily basis.
Zipline is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race color religion age sex national origin disability status genetics protected veteran status sexual orientation gender identity or expression or any other characteristic protected by federal state or local laws or our own sensibilities.
We value diversity at Zipline and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit please apply!
Zipline Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.