Quality Manager Featured
- Eatontown, New Jersey
- Annual Salary $90,000.00 - $110,000.00
- Job ID
Quality Manager job at Zodiac Innovative Power Solution in Eatontown NJ
Description, duties, responsibilities
Provides overall leadership for the Quality Department with emphasis on solving problems, driving improvements and sustaining/improving yields. Proactively drives quality improvements at ZIPS, formalizes the action plans for identified projects, follows up to see results are achieved and sustained. Assists top management in the development of overall quality short and long term plans.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Write quality plans compliant to customer requirements working with product development and/or manufacturing teams to ensure the plans are fulfilled during development and production phases.
- Manage the compliance of quality activities in regards to regulations and requirements including, but not limited to, customer, Regulatory Agencies, internal, supply chain, as well as the performance of system, product and process audits to support requirements of FAA, customer, and Third Party Registrar requirements.
- Effectively communicate and enforce Part 21 and Part 145 Federal Aviation Regulations, Quality Management System Requirements, etc.
- Possesses working knowledge of manufacturing/fabrication techniques and processes.
- Serves as a point of contact for regulatory authorities and external customers regarding system compliance (e.g. audits) for assigned programs, resolution of customer/fleet specific technical issues and special project requests or field evaluations.
- Serves as the customer’s primary point of contact for quality support issues throughout the product development and production life cycle.
- Generates responses to RFPs regarding Quality aspects of the proposals.
- Reviews new and revised customer contracts and purchase orders and evaluates their impact to the product/business; includes the flow down of customer requirements, procedures and change orders.
- Participates in internal and external design reviews, providing input on definition of product sufficient to allow inspection, prior production/field issues pertinent to the configuration under review. Must possess a strong working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing per ASME Y14.5M and/or Y14.41 sufficient to review/approve manufacturing work instructions and support inspection practices including selection of appropriate measurement methods/instruments.
- Participates in Product Development, Manufacturing and Testing activities. Analyzes performance and failure data throughout development cycle and identifies opportunities and solutions for improvement.
- Creates and implements supplier development plans in conjunction with procurement and business teams.
- Supports Quality Action reporting metrics; provides data for tracking metrics. Monitoring, reporting and developing methods of improvement for all Quality-related KPIs. Assists other process owners in improving their KPIs.
- Evaluates incoming customer returns including warranty claims and damaged product; completes disposition reports as required and manages the returned product quarantine area .
- Ensures that nonconforming product is properly identified, segregated, reviewed, and disposed in accordance with internal & customer requirements.
- Chairs the MRB.
- Assists in development of root cause analysis and implements corrective/preventive actions to address nonconformances.
- Participates and leads audits, including closing out audit findings, creating audits finding reports and determines proper corrective and preventive actions.
- Reviews contracts and customs regulations to maintain compliance with the generation customer and freight forwarder/customs required documents.
- Ensures that proper packaging and shipping methods are contractually compliant.
- Has familiarity with the workings and requirements of the DCMA
Bachelor’s Degree (BS) in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
Minimum of ten years related job experience. Experience in aerospace or related industry is preferred
Quality background with working experience in Root Cause Analysis and Corrective and Preventative Action implementation and verification/effectivity auditing.
AS9100 & AS9102 working knowledge required.
Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma Green Belt/Black Belt certification a plus.
Experience in data analysis and generation/maintenance of metrics/KPIs is required.
Working knowledge and experience in the commercial/military Aerospace Industry; working experience with the Federal Aviation Administration (ACO, MIDO, &/or FSDO) and/or the Department of Defense (DOD) – Defense Contract Maintenance Administration (DCMA).
Zodiac Innovative Power Solution Company Overview
Zodiac Aerospace Services offers a global distribution network of spare parts and components, maintenance of equipment manufactured by the Zodiac Aerospace Group, customized support services for airline operators and dedicated technical support. A single objective: customer satisfaction, Zodiac Aerospace Services is committed to providing: -Optimized performance in terms of spare parts availability -Extremely wide-scope repair capacity -A package of services to optimize its customers operations -Support for all types of end users Zodiac Aerospace Services, a global network. Zodiac Aerospace Services proposes 4 services: -Spares supply -Component repair -Operator programs -Product support Zodiac Aerospace Services offers airline operators a locally accessible and quick-response global support solution for Zodiac Aerospace equipment.