Recruiter Aviation Maintenance Featured
- Charlotte, North Carolina
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Recruiter Aviation Maintenance job at PSA Airlines in Charlotte NC
Description, duties, responsibilities
- Partner with Supervisor and assigned Hiring Managers to effectively build a recruiting plan to attract top talent based on forecasted headcount turnover and changing talent needs.
- Identify and attend networking activities such as career fairs professional associations technical schools and outplacement services etc.
- Present to students at technical schools in assigned geographic region on a continual basis.
- Proactively source and identify active and passive candidates leveraging a wide variety to tools and techniques (social media search engines and job boards) to build and maintain a quality pipeline fostering long-term relationships with current and potential candidates.
- Keep abreast of labor trends; know where the best supply of talent is in the marketplace.
- Analyze recruiting trends best sources and recruiting metrics to guide Hiring Managers on when and where to target talent.
- Lead the screening interview and offer stages of the hiring process per PSA guidelines.
- Screening: Review and qualify applicants based on application / resume track record / experience pre-screening assessments thorough interviews (phone / video / in-person) that measure candidates’ technical and functional knowledge and leadership skills using behavioral and competency-based questioning techniques and recommend top candidates to Hiring Managers for final selection.
- Selection: Upon choosing finalists with the Hiring Manager initiate and schedule industry-regulated criminal background checks and drug screening requirements per legal guidelines. Once complete work with HR and Hiring Manager to develop and extend compelling offers of employment negotiating per salary grade structure protocol.
- Update Newton Application Tracking System (ATS) with requisite and candidate status updates immediately upon receiving notice of information / changes. Review all requisites daily to ensure accurate information is recorded in the system. Each Recruiter is directly accountable for adhering to standard processes for Newton data management.Review new applications daily for each assigned requisite responding to each individual within seven (7) business days of application receipt.
- Provide feedback and hiring information to all applicants to ensure a positive candidate experience regardless of selection decision.
- Assist with providing Hiring Managers weekly activity reports highlighting search progress and disposition of all candidates.
- Attend Recruiting meetings share knowledge and skills with teammates and contribute to continuous improvement efforts.
- Participate in special projects as assigned.
- Maintain compliance with company policies and procedures as well as with all applicable external regulations.
- Hiring Managers: Daily communication on sourcing and selection wins obstacles and issues (along with relevant solutions); consultative advice on best practices for hiring
- Supervisor: Daily and weekly updates on recruiting obstacles wins and issues; recording of all requested data for accurate metrics collection
- Recruiting Coordinator: Candidate / Requisite information needed to provide administrative support for scheduling Preboarding and Onboarding
- Human Resources: Facilitate smooth transition of new hires through Day 1 Orientation
- Assistant / Director of Recruiting: Produce dashboard metrics reporting and present to leadership on the recruiting performance of assigned roles as requested
- BS/BA degree preferred but not required if proven relevant experience exists
- Minimum three (3) years of full lifecycle recruiting experience ideally related to aviation maintenance
- Track record of success building and managing client and candidate relationships throughout each phase of recruiting process; customer service orientation is a must
- Knowledge of / Experience utilizing behavioral and/or investigative interviewing techniques
- Creative sourcing / attraction of talent; ability to build a talent pipeline and bench
- Exposure to legal and compliance aspects of Recruiting / HR
- Extensive knowledge of social networking platforms online communities conferences and other sourcing channels
- Knowledge of applicant tracking systems CRM tools and virtual recruiting tools; strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite: Word Excel PowerPoint Outlook
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and meet deadlines in an aggressive growth environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and a professional demeanor is essential especially during uncomfortable situations and confrontations
- Experience developing / growing a college recruitment program
- Experience with consultative sales
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Customer focus
- Strong communication (oral and written)
- Highly effective time management
- Creative problem-solving
- Intellectual aptitude
- Attention to detail
- Focus on excellence
- Sense of humor
PSA Airlines Company Overview
PSA Airlines is a wholly-owned subsidiary of American Airlines Group and operates an all-jet fleet consisting of exclusively Bombardier regional jet aircraft. The company’s more than 2,400 employees operate nearly 600 daily flights to nearly 90 destinations. Headquartered in Dayton, Ohio, PSA also has flight crew bases located in Dayton, Cincinnati, Ohio, Knoxville, Tennessee, and Charlotte, North Carolina. PSA has maintenance facilities in Dayton and Canton, Ohio and Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky Airport and Charlotte, North Carolina. As of year-end 2015, PSA operates 35 Bombardier CRJ 200 aircraft, 26 Bombardier CRJ 700 aircraft and 36 Bombardier CRJ 900 NextGen aircraft. The airline expects to add an additional 35 Bombardier CRJ 700 aircraft and 18 Bombardier CRJ 900 aircraft to its fleet in the next two years, tripling its fleet size and employee base since the airline’s growth plan was announced in December 2013.