Data Scientist Featured
- , Seoul South Korea
- Job ID
Data Scientist job at Boeing in Seoul
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing BR & T Job Description – Data Scientist
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity, and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful, and inclusive, with great opportunities for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Korea Engineering and Technology Center (BKETC) is seeking a Data Scientist (AI & Autonomy) based in Seoul, South Korea to develop algorithms, models, and systems for our research projects, such as autonomy, aircraft manufacturing, and factory digitalization. Data science work will include extracting, cleaning, analyzing, and visualizing data collected from various business domains at Boeing.
Boeing places high priority in identifying the right talent for its workforce, and in investing in its employees’ careers and development. Boeing begins its employees’ journey with a two-year fixed-term employment contract with full benefits. Following successful completion of the employment term, employees will be eligible to permanently continue their employment.
- Conduct Exploratory Data Analysis (EDA) on real-time data focused on autonomous flight, aircraft manufacturing, or factory digitalization using machine learning, data/text mining, or statistics
- Works with Data Engineers and MLOps Engineers to derive crucial features from the data processed in ML models
- Works with a Project Lead and a Program Management Specialist to decompose and partition system requirements to software requirements
- Works as a member of the international team with the members in one or more countries where English is the common language
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience)
- Good understanding of machine learning, deep learning, or other data/text mining techniques, such as regression, time series analysis, hypothesis testing, classification, or clustering
- Experience with Python programming language and writing SQL queries
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Math etc
- Experience in extracting, cleaning, analyzing, and visualizing data to stream datasets
- Applicants must have the enthusiasm to learn new technologies and expand related skillsets
- This role requires creativity, critical thinking, and troubleshooting skills, at least, for Exploratory Data Analysis (EDA) work
- Design and implementation of new dashboards for users
- Good understanding of statistical and data analysis techniques
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and Korean
- The ideal candidate is a self-starter and someone who works well within a team
- Highly motivated "roll up your sleeves" attitude with a strong drive for success
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience)
- Master’s or Ph.D. degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Math etc
- Good to have in-depth knowledge in machine learning frameworks or libraries such as TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch etc
- Good to have in-depth experience in CV or NLP libraries such as OpenCV, NLTK, etc
- Preferably experiences in Visualization Tools, such as Tableau and Qlik
- Preferably experiences in Data processing and database programming skills, such as SQL or NoSQL
- Experience in container tools such as Docker
- Good understanding of DevOps/MLOps system development to automate model training and testing (GitOps, ArgoCD, Kubernetes, Helm, etc)
- In-depth knowledge in MLOps and CE(Continuous Exploration)/ CI(Continuous Integration)/ CT(Continuous Testing)/ CD(Continuous Delivery)
- Academic experience in a numerical study such as Computer science, Electrical Engineering, Statistics, or Industrial Engineering
- Experience in the whole lifecycle of a system development project ranging from developing a new service concept to launching as a service
- Experience in processing various forms of raw data such as videos, images, texts, or audios
- Experience in frameworks or libraries such as Flask, RabbitMQ, or Redis
- Experience in developing Microservices architecture and API Frameworks supporting application development
- Good to have at least an intermediate level of knowledge in aircraft manufacturing or flight operation
- Nice to have winning experience in machine learning or data science competition challenges
- Nice to have your git repository shared with well-organized projects inside
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.