Supply Chain Director Featured
- Irvine, California
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Supply Chain Director job at International Aerospace Coatings in Irvine CA
Description, duties, responsibilities
Reporting to the Global CFO, this role is responsible for for the Global Supply Chain function to support the Global International Aerospace Coatings (IAC) Operations business. This includes playing a key part in the senior management team in leading the long term strategic progression and expansion of the Group. You will play an integral part in developing supplier relationships and be actively involved in supply chain business development and planning with the goal of meeting customer and business expectations.
- Play an integral part in the compilation, integration and consolidation of the Global Supply Chain function within our global group companies.
- Achieve annual budget and attain long-term growth plans by implementing high value sourcing strategies and initiatives and building sustainable, reliable supply chains which will contribute to the overall business growth strategy.
- Be part of the senior management team in strategic thinking, budgeting and decision making to manage and control the supply chain functions of the business.
- Drive collaborative cross-functional interactions with local and global colleagues to identify and implement supply chain process improvements.
- Provide senior management with relevant, accurate and timely supply chain data/reports from which management decisions can be based.
- Support and provide ongoing communication/updates to Operations sites on supplier status and work with local sites and global supply chain team to recommend supplier actions as appropriate.
- Engage with the organisation in a professional manner at all times and be committed to delivering results.
- Develop excellent, positive working relationships with suppliers, customers, internal and external stakeholders to ensure targets are met.
- Liaise with and establish business with key supply partners to drive business development and continuous improvement.
- Travel for in-person meetings with suppliers, customers and partners and continue to develop key relationships.
- Execute sourcing projects, supplier negotiations and contribute to strong supplier relationship management.
- Monitor supplier performance and metrics and address issues as they arise.
- Ensure adherence and compliance with all global supply chain policies, processes and standard procedures.
- Extensive knowledge of and keep abreast of new legislation and regulatory requirements related to supply chain management and management of aviation products.
- Ensure appropriate communication, training and compliance with legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Support regulatory inspections of facilities as required.
- Any other reasonable duties as required by the company Directors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain/Procurement Management, Business or similar. APICS and/or CPIM desirable.
- 5+ years’ experience in a Global Supply Chain role.
- Demonstrated success of global supply chain and project management, preferably within the aviation industry.
- Availability to travel to Company, Customer and Supplier locations as required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Project Management packages.
- Highly motivated and energetic, with strong interpersonal skills and experience of dealing with and influencing internal stakeholders, external suppliers and Senior Executives.
- Ambitious, driven, persistent and confident in own ability to achieve targets.
- Strong negotiation skills with extensive experience and proven ability in identifying and sourcing global suppliers, setting a strategy for supplier selection and price negotiations.
- Proven ability of leading, directing and motivating a global team to achieve their potential.
- Ability to initiate and support change and implement processes, tools and controls to contribute to continuous improvement activity within the Group.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively manage multiple projects/priorities and to work to tight deadlines.
- Proven strategic thinker with strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
International Aerospace Coatings Company Overview
International Aerospace Coatings (IAC) is the worlds leading aviation specialist painting company. We work with International airlines, private operators and aviation leasing companies across the globe to provide tailor made aircraft painting, interior refurbishment and graphic solutions that ensure regulatory compliance globally. We currently run 16 sites, 6 of which have wide body aircraft capacity and each year we paint over 1000 aircraft across our facilities. Our European headquarters are based at Shannon Airport, County Clare, Ireland, with our US headquarters located in Spokane, Washington. Please feel free to review more information regarding IAC at http://www.aic.aero.