Aviation Maintenance AP Instructor
- Vienna, Ohio
- Annual Salary $40,000.00 - $45,000.00
- Job ID
Aviation Maintenance AP Instructor job at Pittsburgh Institute of Aeronautics in Vienna OH
Description, duties, responsibilities
Pittsburgh Institute of Aeronautics, founded in 1929 is a nationwide leader in aviation maintenance and electronics training and is currently seeking a Full Time Aviation Maintenance (A&P) Instructor at its growing branch campus in Youngstown, OH.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Adhere to all applicable tenets set forth in the Policies & Procedures Manual ¨
- Continually work towards overall improvement of the classroom and shop environment
- Prepare and present lessons, units, and projects to complete learning objectives
- Manage the student shop/laboratory where applicable
- Develop and follow approved methods of student evaluation
- Establish and enforce rules of behavior for students in the classroom
- Advise students in matters of academic performance, attendance, and conduct
- Submit accurate grade and attendance information at established intervals
- Participate in on-the job and formalized professional development activities
- Participate in occasional school related events
Full Time Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 7:30AM – 3:30PM and occasional Saturdays to participate in the school’s open house and other school events.
Minimum Skills, Education & Experience:
- FAA Airframe & Powerplant (A&P) Certification
- 3+ years of relevant, verifiable industry work experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in the applicable subject areas including Aviation Math, Basic Electricity, Basic Electronics, Airframe Systems and Powerplant Systems
- Verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Familiarization with computer systems for word processing, databases, e-mail, and Internet use
Benefits include but not limited to:
- Retirement with company match
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off
PIA is an equal opportunity employer. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Pittsburgh Institute of Aeronautics Company Overview
Since its doors were first opened in 1929, PIA has taken pride in the quality of its education programs and the successes of its graduates. Regardless of the program, a PIA education emphasizes hands-on learning. Qualified faculty members strive to present thorough and thoughtful instruction as they blend their practical experiences with new information and techniques. Of equal importance is the list of student services that are provided from the first day of instruction through, and beyond, graduation. PIAâ€™s main campus is the home of the School of Specialized Technology, offering AST degree programs in Aviation Technology. The branch campuses also offer a diploma or certificate program in Aviation Maintenance Technology. PIAâ€™s Jump Start division offers short-term training programs at the main campus, as well as at a number of locations in West Virginia. We welcome the opportunity to serve the academic needs of both traditional and non-traditional students, and we invite you to contact our staff with any questions you may encounter as you explore our educational offerings.