Hardware Engineer Urgent
- Westminster, Colorado
- Annual Salary $60,000.00
- Job ID
Hardware Engineer job at Air Comm Corporation in Westminster CO
Description, duties, responsibilities
The Hardware Engineer is a multidisciplinary role with mechanical and electrical responsibilities. This role will be responsible for the design, development, testing, certification, and production support of aircraft environmental control systems. Our Engineers must possess the ability to apply engineering standards, techniques, and procedures in the design of Environmental Control Systems in weight and performance-critical environments, and must be able to generate clear technical reports and other documentation, including performance and qualification test plans. We need a creative and aggressive engineer who is not afraid of high profile projects, and is comfortable being held accountable to schedules, budgets, and multiple priorities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Support Manufacturing with prototyping, production, and integration of system products.
• Develop solutions for customer-driven enhancements/options to current products.
• Specify, evaluate, and test mechanical and electromechanical materials, hardware, and subsystems.
• Candidate will interface with supply chain and manufacturing personnel and should be comfortable in a highly dynamic team environment.
• Design, prototype, and troubleshoot analog, digital, and power circuits.
• Identify system components and replacement parts.
• Develop test procedures, service bulletins, and customer support documentation.
• Assist in troubleshooting, test plan preparation, and set-up of electromechanical test lab activities.
• Test box design and maintenance.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Aerospace Engineering from an accredited college or university.
• 0 - 3 years of related work experience.
• Working knowledge of SolidWorks and AutoCAD required.
• Experience with OrCAD preferred.
• Experience in aviation industry preferred.
• Technical aptitude and familiarity with tolerances and engineering standards to ASME Y14.5-2009.
• Experience in DO-160 and MIL-STD-810 testing preferred.
• Experience with LabVIEW preferred.
• Experience with C/C++ a plus.
• Ability to handle multiple high-priority efforts simultaneously.
• Minimal international and domestic travel may be required (must have current passport).
• Strong organization and time management skills.
• Ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and maintain cooperative working relationships.
• Commitment to quality, safety, and ethical behavior.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position. We post all our current job opportunities at http://aircommcorp.com/employment-opportunities
Air Comm Corporation Company Overview
Our Mission To strive ceaselessly to produce products that provide optimal comfort, safety, reliability and value for the operator. Value is defined as a high quality, durable product that provides reliable, efficient, effective performance under all operating conditions, light weight and low maintenance all at the lowest possible cost. WHO WE ARE: History: Air Comm Corporation (ACC) is a privately held company founded in 1987. ACC was founded to meet the needs of helicopter operators seeking higher performance environmental control systems not available from the aircraft manufacturer. Today, ACC is the industry leader in the development and manufacture of state-of-the-art bleed air heaters and vapor-cycle air conditioners for a range of aerospace applications. Culture: Air Comm Corporation is a rapidly-growing, dynamic, creative, and forward-thinking company in beautiful Westminster, CO. Our office is accessible from I-25, within 1 mile of public transportation, and has mountain views! We have a professional, hardworking, and fun environment. If you arelooking to be a valued contributor for a fun and hardworking company, look no further that ACC! Industry : ACC develops environmental control systems and provides mission-critical components andengineered solutions for military and commercial aerospace customers. ACC has specialized expertise in fluid mass flow analysis, electro/mechanical system design, development and production. Every ACC system is FAA-approved via FAA Supplemental Type Certificate, as part of the manufacturer’s aircraft Type Certificate, or via military qualification. The company is ISO9000/AS-9100 certified. ACC customers include manufacturers, major operators, customizing centers, and the U.S. Military. What Sets ACC Apart : In our company, we do the right thing when no one is looking. Personalintegrity is non-negotiable here. Our success is based on leading edge innovation and elegant design, with a focus on quality and reliability, unparalleled customer support and unmatched value. WHAT WE DO: Engineering: ACC’s technical staff is comprised of aerospace, mechanical, manufacturing, and electricalengineers who each bring a unique set of talents and expertise in order to develop state of the artsystems. Our engineering staff is supported by certified SolidWorks Professionals. Test: The ACC test facility at the Boulder Municipal Airport has a 120,000 BTUH air conditioning psychrometric test chamber, a state of the art vibration table, harsh environment, EMI, and other test capabilities. The split psychrometric chambers are designed for testing either individual components or complete systems to show real-time performance, efficiency, and to identify areas where optimization can be realized. We have the capability to perform certification testing to meet DO-160 and MIL-STD-810 standards. Poduction : We perform high-precision Tube Manufacturing, Welding, Mechanical, and Electrical Assembly. All ACC associates are committed to perfection, and strive to maintain a flawless record of out-of-the-box accuracy and complete customer satisfaction. Air Comm Corporation is a FAA-PMA facility with FAA-DMIR authority. Our quality assurance system conforms to the quality control requirements of ISO 9001:2008 and AS 9100 Rev D Certification. Air Comm systems are manufactured to exacting standardsto insure the highest possible quality in terms of safety, reliability, performance and aesthetics. Repair Station: ACC has an FAA certified repair station where we repair and overhaul many of the items we manufacture for our line of STC air conditioning and heating systems. We also provide MRO services in support of our OEM customers comprised of the world’s largest aircraft and helicopter manufacturers. All Repair technicians complete extensive on-site training in areas such as: Human Factors, Technical Data, Situational Awareness, the Repair Station Manual, and Facility Security courses, in order to enhance the overall level of quality that ACC delivers to their managed and outside customers. PAY & BENEFITS: At ACC, we offer a competitive salary in exchange for your best work and we pay a significant portion of insurance benefits. Full-time employees have access to great benefits including; health, dental, vision, flexible spending account, life, disability, 401(k), and wellness reimbursements. Team members celebrate 10 holidays annually and earn vacation and personal time off.