FBO Manager Featured
- Camarillo, California
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
FBO Manager job at Sun Air Jets LLC in Camarillo CA
Description, duties, responsibilities
Sun Air Jets, a full service private aircraft operator in Southern California with locations in Camarillo and Van Nuys, is seeking an FBO Manager to assist with the day to day and long-term management of the FBO facility located at the Camarillo Airport.
Sun Air Jets is an industry leader in aircraft management and on demand charter, and provides aircraft maintenance and hangarage at its facilities and private terminals.
The candidate will be expected to provide leadership and direction in a multi-functional role within the line service and property management departments of the company. Experienced leadership, flexibility, and a passion for customer service is essential.
The candidate will be required to function as a supervisor in a team environment, as well as able to think and react independently. Ideally the candidate has held a captaincy position in an aviation-related client service or FBO management role, and can evolve a successful set of past experiences to fit this environment. Knowledge of, and experience in, the private aviation industry is essential, as the ability to leverage relationships is critical to the success of this position.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead the various client service and sales products provided by the company to maximize fuel sales and hangar rent, while at the same time providing the highest possible level of customer service at the FBO for internal and external customers and tenants.
- Manage a team of customer service representatives and line service technicians, ensuring all company policies and procedures are followed while ensuring the highest level of safety and service during ramp operations and aircraft staging.
- Provide input and content to the marketing team to maximize exposure of the facility on appropriate social media platforms and the company website.
- Create, assist, and advise on new marketing initiatives / strategies to aggressively capture new business and expand the company's market share in Camarillo.
- Provide input as requested on annual budgets for fuel sales and hangar and office rent.
- Coordinate and participate in both internal and external events or functions with business partners and vendors. A flexible schedule may be required to support these events as they may occur on evenings or weekends.
- At all times will ensure adherence to safety, security, and quality standards established by the company.
The employee’s primary work station is located at the Camarillo Airport in a standard office environment. In support of various duties, the employee may occasionally travel to various company functions and events appropriate to management of the FBO.
The employee must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and help set up display booths, tents and / or other promotional materials. Participating in conventions or events supporting the company will require periods of standing and walking.
- Prior leadership roles and experience in an aviation environment.
- Bachelor’s degree (previous work experience will be considered if no degree).
- Highly skilled in Microsoft and Adobe products and have the ability to learn and manage new software platforms as needed.
- Strong organization skills, including multitasking and time-management.
- Excellent communication and presentation (written and verbal) skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and quick problem-solving skills.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to successfully complete a drug and background check.
- Degree in business administration, marketing or economics is preferred.
- Client-facing and teamwork experiences preferred.
- Safety and security training in an aviation environment.
- Fuel sales/fuel sales management experience.
- Hangar rental experience.
No relocation for this position
The Company provides a complete benefits package and competitive pay. NO WALKINS or PHONE CALLS will be accepted for this position. If you are interested in applying for this position, please email your resume through this ad.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Sun Air Jets LLC Company Overview
The Sun Air Jets story began in 1999 when its founder discovered that, as an aircraft owner and customer of the aircraft management industry, industry standard practices do not necessarily favor aircraft owners. At that moment, the concept of Sun Air Jets became a reality, leading to a company founded and operated on the principles of honesty, integrity, and transparent communication, resulting in a better aircraft management experience and better financial results for aircraft owners. Being a boutique aircraft management company, but with extraordinary financial investment in our human capital and facilities, we have the desire and capacity to dedicate attention and resources to each aircraft owner and their specific needs.