SMS Speak UP Experienced and Senior Project Management Specialists Featured
- Bellevue, Washington
- Job ID
SMS Speak UP Experienced and Senior Project Management Specialists job at Boeing in Bellevue WA
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Chief Aerospace Engineer Office (CASO) is seeking Experienced and Senior Project Management Specialists to join the enterprise employee reporting program, Speak Up, supporting the Enterprise Safety Management System. This position will be based out of Bellevue, WA, Everett, WA, Renton, WA, or Seattle, WA.
Join our team to support the implementation and continuous improvement of Boeing SMS! The selected candidate will have the opportunity to work across the enterprise to shape Boeings positive safety reporting culture and the continuous improvement of product safety. There will be opportunities to engage with the most senior leaders to shape the way Boeing manages safety risks and gathers information to make better safety decisions.
The ideal candidate will have an innate curiosity that compels them to understand the details and the larger impacts. As well as the ability to be courageous in their proposals to instigate real change.
- Leads review and execution of Speak Up reports and investigations activity.
- Leads development and implementation of data analysis in support of business partner engagements, program improvements and risk mitigation.
- Gathers, analyzes data, and makes recommendations on operational improvements and risk mitigation.
- Support development of training programs, tools and methodologies.
- Conduct follow up with responsible report subject matter experts, leads or workplace practitioner within the organization or area affected by the report
- Ensuring timely and effective analysis, investigation, mitigation and closure
- Gathers, analyzes data, and makes recommendations on mitigation and action plans
- Identifies risk and opportunity potential, develops mitigation planning
- Leverage knowledge of the business to coordinate and collaborate across organizations and functions; support and collaborate across reporting & investigative functions
- Collaborates with executive and senior manager team members to determine and prioritize business needs
- Partner with enterprise investigation teams, such as Ethics, CI, and P & SS and QA investigation teams.
- Provides leaders with recommendations to accomplish actions and ensures follow up for issue resolution
- Creates presentations and prepares executives for internal and external meetings and events
- Collects, organizes, analyzes, and provides data according to established processes with the management system to maintain status of programs and business partner commitments and compliance
- Provides coaching and guidance to less experienced personnel.
The selected candidate will be required to perform work onsite at one of the listed location options with some virtual work flexibility. All candidates will be expected to travel 5% of their time.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 5+ years of experience in Project Management
- 5+ years of experience developing presentations for and presenting to executive leadership
- 5+ years of experience managing projects that involve cross-functional or cross-business unit teams
- 5+ years of experience conducting investigations and managing the investigative process to include conducting interviews, collecting data & facts and analyzing to identify trends and/or discrepancies
- 5+ years of experience with root cause corrective analysis
- 5+ years of experience with Program Management Best Practices (PMBP)
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- 10 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years of experience managing or leading diverse and geographically dispersed teams
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Experience working with Safety Management Systems
- Experience with Boeing Problem Solving Model BPSM
- Ability to work within a team independently
- Effective time management skills
Experienced (Level 4)
Bachelors degree and typically 10 or more years’ related work experience, a Master’s degree and typically 8 or more years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Senior (Level 5)
Bachelors degree and typically 15 or more years’ related work experience, a Master’s degree and typically 13 or more years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Shift Work Statement:
This position is for 1st shift
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Summary pay range for Experienced level: 115,600-156,400
Summary pay range for Senior level: 141,950-192,050
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.