Summary/Objective: The Manger - OCC Development and Training shall plan direct and coordinate the training and development activities of PSA Dispatch and Crew Scheduling Development Department. Work collaboratively with training management instructional staff and subject matter experts to understand training needs and create industry leading training solutions.
Essential Functions: The Manager – OCC Development and Training will work collaboratively with training management instructional staff and subject matter experts to evaluate training needs and create industry leading training solutions allowing dispatch and crew scheduling managers and supervisors to focus on their employees and operational integrity.
- Plan direct or coordinate development activities and training
- Design and develop training materials utilizing web-based training programs and Learning Management Systems to meet dispatch and crew scheduling training requirements.
- Work collaboratively with a diverse team (department managers and supervisors customer representatives subject matter experts instructional staff program developers) to research design develop and implement effective training solutions.
- Provide timely status updates and reports on assigned projects and organizational performance to supervisor.
- Take ownership of assigned projects and do what is necessary to ensure assigned projects are completed on schedule and to department standards.
- Directs and cultivates effective collaboration with third party vendors and programs. Design of both in-house and with expert third parties solutions that include a blended approach to learning such as coaching classroom training experiential learning distance learning and online learning.
- Performs other duties as assigned to support the effective and efficient operation of the department and company.
- Is the subject matter expert for all the software used by Dispatch and crew scheduling personnel.
- Responsible along with the Manager - Ground Training for the planning and execution of the approved Dispatcher Training Program.
Competencies and Knowledge: The successful candidate should have demonstrated skills in the following: leadership and management; coaching; influence; mentorship; approachability; time and performance management; strong organizational skills; proactive and collaborative approach to problem-solving; positive communication skills (verbal and written); ability to work with no supervision in a team environment; ability to interact with all levels of company personnel; strong team player; professional aptitude; ability to manage multiple projects at one time with time sensitive deadlines; ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive situations appropriately when performing job duties; and adaptability in an aggressive growth environment.
Supervisory Responsibility: There is no supervisory responsibility with this position.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers telephones photocopiers facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday typically from 8:00 to 5:00 with occasional extended periods of time as necessary.
Travel: 15% Overnight Travel
Required Education and Experience: High School Education or Equivalent Required. Four-Year College Degree (BA or BS) Preferred. Required Technical Skills and experience include working knowledge of Microsoft office and 2-5 years of relevant work experience (in similar field and/or industry). Preferred Skills include working knowledge of Adobe Captivate Premier and Pro and 5-10 years of relevant work experience (in similar field and/or industry).
Additional Eligibility Qualifications: Ability to speak/read/write in English.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race color creed religion sex (including pregnancy gender identity and sexual orientation) national origin citizenship status age disability genetic information protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.