Manager of Maintenance Operations PHL Featured
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Manager of Maintenance Operations PHL job at PSA Airlines in Philadelphia PA
Description, duties, responsibilities
Summary/Objective: The Manager of Maintenance Operations is responsible for fostering and leading relationships with internal and external stakeholders to achieve top-tier operational performance. This position will provide third party oversight as it relates to maintenance and ground operations and be responsible for inventory management. This highly autonomous position will report directly to the Director of Maintenance and also work closely with the Director of Supply Chain Operations as well as the PSA safety department and local Air Operations leadership.
- Assist and support the Vice President of Maintenance and Engineering and other senior management in projecting a strong commitment to the uncompromising promotion of safety and regulatory compliance.
- Provide oversight of third-party maintenance provider ensuring contractual obligations are being met and operational performance expectations are being achieved.
- Act as a liaison between ground operations and the PSA Safety and Security department.
- Collaborate with and assist Air Operations leadership where necessary to achieve superior operational performance.
- Assist both the Director of Maintenance and Director of Supply Chain Operations in the development and achievement of performance KPI’s.
- Drive continuous improvement methodologies to eliminate waste and improve efficiency.
- Ensure compliance with all PSA required policies practices procedures and processes.
- Compile and provide various reports and data packages as required or requested.
- Keep senior management appraised of all actual or potential negative conditions that may affect aircraft maintenance and ground operations.
- Ability to identify efficiency roadblocks develop strategic initiatives and execute on processes to remove performance barriers.
- Manage aircraft parts inventory to include but not limited to:
- Compliance to all policies and procedures related to inventory management
- Shipping receiving transfers and packaging
- Cycle count continuity
- Empty bin status and reorder
- Monitoring of tooling and inventory control.
- Use of key functions and tools to address missing or lost materials and monitors for compliance.
- Ensure zero findings during internal and external audits.
- Review and assist in asset demand to ensure components and materials are available.
- Conduct scheduled physical inventories.
- Ensure aircraft tools are maintained and remain calibrated
- Order all materials within established guidelines to meet planned maintenance and aircraft on ground (AOG) requirements.
- Performs the Receiving Inspection and binning of the daily deliveries of materials and shipment of repairs and stock transfers within established standards and times.
- Assures that all parts issued and cores returned are accounted for from the contracted maintenance team on site on a daily basis.
- Required to be proficient in all aspects of stockroom operations. This includes but is not limited to computerized management and issuance of materials hazmat receiving and shipping shelf life monitoring cycle counting storage packaging receiving of materials disposal of hazardous waste and scrapping of BER materials per established company guidelines.
- Other projects as assigned.
PSA Airlines Company Overview
PSA Airlines is a wholly-owned subsidiary of American Airlines Group and operates an all-jet fleet consisting of exclusively Bombardier regional jet aircraft. The company’s more than 2,400 employees operate nearly 600 daily flights to nearly 90 destinations. Headquartered in Dayton, Ohio, PSA also has flight crew bases located in Dayton, Cincinnati, Ohio, Knoxville, Tennessee, and Charlotte, North Carolina. PSA has maintenance facilities in Dayton and Canton, Ohio and Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky Airport and Charlotte, North Carolina. As of year-end 2015, PSA operates 35 Bombardier CRJ 200 aircraft, 26 Bombardier CRJ 700 aircraft and 36 Bombardier CRJ 900 NextGen aircraft. The airline expects to add an additional 35 Bombardier CRJ 700 aircraft and 18 Bombardier CRJ 900 aircraft to its fleet in the next two years, tripling its fleet size and employee base since the airline’s growth plan was announced in December 2013.