- Belleville, Michigan
- Job ID
Flight Follower job at USA JET Airlines in Belleville MI
Description, duties, responsibilities
SUMMARY: The Dispatchers are responsible to the Manager of Flight Following.
Responsible for controlling all aircraft operations under direct authority of the Director of Operations to assure the highest level of efficiency, safety, and customer service. In the absence of the Chief Dispatcher/Assistant Chief Dispatcher, he or she will exercise the functions of operational control of all flight operations and immediately advise the Director of Operations of any possible variances in the General Operations Manual, FAR’s or normal operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Schedule, assign and control all aircraft utilization.
- Coordinate all maintenance problems with Maintenance Department.
- Schedule crews to assure proper equipment coverage, utilization and time control within established policies and applicable regulations.
- Execute flight release as required with the pilot-in-command in accordance with all applicable rules and regulations.
- Maintain constant vigilance of restrictive meteorological conditions as they apply to company operations and advise all departments of recommended course of action as conditions dictate.
- Track all aircraft and crew status.
- Report and record all irregularities, which involve safety or emergency measures as specified in the Flight Following Manual.
- Maintain an accurate log of all irregularities associated with Flight Operations.
- Render such action as necessary to provide assistance to customer’s critical needs in accordance with existing policy and agreements.
- Collect, disseminate and distribute through coordination channels all information regarding Operational Control problems, which require immediate attention. Expedite follow-up action as required to resolve such problems.
- Maintain current knowledge and understanding of all Operating Manuals and regulatory requirements pertinent to areas of responsibility and authority.
- Ensure all regulatory procedures are in accordance with the Flight Following Manual.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: FAA Dispatch License required, Experience in both 135 and 121 flight following departments is preferred, High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Fluent English is required, additional languages would be helpful.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: FAA Dispatch License required. Experience in both 135 and 121 flight following departments is preferred. High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Communication skills, and basic typing/computer skills are required. Knowledge in internet, Microsoft applications.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
USA JET Airlines Company Overview
With access to more aircraft and surface transportation vehicles than any competitor, we offer the industry's most cost-effective expedited freight solutions. Unlike competitors who fill their own vehicles first, we search the entire market for the best available expedited solution for every shipment. Then we back our service with advanced technology and the 3PL industry's most experienced transportation professionals. The result? Unparalleled peace of mind for your expedited shipments.