Cargo Supervisor Featured
- Fairbanks, Alaska
- Job ID
Cargo Supervisor job at Everts Air Cargo in Fairbanks AK
Description, duties, responsibilities
Supervise the cargo department, ensuring all company standards are met and the department is operating at the maximum efficiency and profitability. This includes ensuring the safe, efficient, and timely handling, documentation and transportation of cargo, mail and freight by cargo, customer service, load control and ramp service agents. Effectively perform assignments and work duties to meet established deadlines and goals in a high-pressure environment.
1. Direct, hire, train, discipline, coach, review, and document performance of cargo employees.
2. Supervise cargo employees to ensure that daily customer service, warehouse, ramp, and load control activities are being performed in a safe, accurate, and efficient manner.
3. Establish a safe and efficient work environment for employees and customers.
4. Assist in training cargo agents, developing cargo training guidelines and ensuring that implemented training standards are followed by all cargo employees.
5. Assure service standards are maintained or exceeded in relation to company policy.
6. Develop and maintain excellent communication and cooperation with all Everts Air Cargo management, department personnel, stations, agent stations and primary vendors.
7. Assist other stations and customers in solving transportation and service problems.
8. Provide competent and timely response on all issues to corporate staff as required.
9. Build an organizational culture in which passion for continuous improvement is innate.
10. Ensure adherence to procedures that promote the health and welfare of all employees.
1. Requires the ability to work in an industrial atmosphere and extreme weather conditions.
1. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
2. Demonstrated problem solving expertise. Ability to motivate and develop employees.
3. Requires the ability to understand, retain, and deliver information verbally and written.
4. Requires working on hard surfaces, industrial equipment, and office environments for extended periods
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Everts Air Cargo Company Overview
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration and charter operations. Everts provides scheduled freight service to 12 major hubs in Alaska. Everts expanded operations to the Lower 48 and now has five MD-80 jets and flies throughout the US, Canada and Mexico.