VP of Aftermarket Sales Urgent
- Columbus, Ohio
- Annual Salary $100,000.00 - $145,000.00
- Job ID
VP of Aftermarket Sales job at Davenport Aviation in Columbus OH
Description, duties, responsibilities
JOB TITLE: Director Sales & Marketing
REPORTS TO: CEO
SUMMARY: This role provides a leadership opportunity for a candidate, based in Columbus, OH, who is entrepreneurial, highly collaborative and driven. The role will be the key focal Leader in the effort to develop the structure, processes and price policies, and develop strategic selling plans & principles including channel and distribution strategy for Davenport Aviation. The role involves marketing, strategic planning, managing people, selling, leveraging technology and improving processes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Creates and executes the sales department go-to-market and operational strategies to achieve business objectives;
- Provide a monthly Sales performance review to leadership with metrics and action plan for open items;
- Provides leadership, communicates the vision, and directs & manages the work and performance of the Sales team
- Leads and facilitates strategy development projects in support of business objectives evaluating growth, profitability, path to market, channel, price and service policy, and partnership strategy and presents recommendations the company leadership
- Leads in the execution of policies and strategies
- Leads the sales team in identifying new customers and programs and in the development and execution of business strategies
- Ensures the sales team works in collaboration with channel partners to ensure goals and targets are met;
- Execute a focused sales growth strategy, guide and drive the team in the growth of existing business and in new account development
- Manages, coaches and motivates sales staff; provides guidance and direction on problems and issues; delegates works assignments; implements employee development plans
- Identifies department issues, problems, and opportunities to support continuous improvement initiatives
- Travel up to 50% of the time to meet with customers; some in developing nations
- Assign duties and monitor quality of work; assure staff conform to organizational policies and procedures as well as government regulations
- Provides day-to-day guidance to the team, actively working to promote and recognize performance while establishing proper goals and metrics to instill a culture of high performing employees
- Be a model for the organization with proper communication, ethics and integrity
- Identify new business opportunities to improve sales
- Assist with Accounts Receivable issues with customers
- Develop lead generation and revenue generation programs and create high performing sales collateral.
- Leverages market network and contacts, competitive research and market analysis to develop long lead pursuit plans and to make internal investment and resource allocation recommendations
- Ensure compliance to Department of Commerce Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and Department of State International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), as well as maintain the highest ethical standard
- Responsible for dealing with complex sales negotiations, attend sales presentations and close sales deals;
- Direct Marketing efforts to support sales, including but not limited to collateral, presentations, and proposals to achieve revenue goals
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) in a supply chain management, finance, technology, engineering, mathematics and/or business field of study. MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of experience with aftermarket operations and/or spare part management with the airline/aerospace/defense industries
- Strong entrepreneurial drive
- Strong knowledge of the Airline and MRO purchasing process
- Excellent negotiation skills and experience or knowledge of commercial aviation industry contracts
- Aftermarket supply chain and distribution expertise with OEMs and suppliers of teardown/used/surplus material policies and strategies. Aviation Suppliers Association (ASA-100 standard) experience preferred
- General knowledge and experience with AS9100
- Experience managing a P&L upwards of $30 million USD.
- Demonstrated success in Aftermarket Sales based on record of accomplishments; negotiating and winning customer new business across OEM's, Airlines, 3rd party heavy maintenance providers, and Repair Depots
- Knowledge of OEM long term agreements including portal management and scorecards
- Superior leadership, decision-making, communication, organization and interpersonal skills, as well as strong team building and training skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in hiring, managing and motivating and developing subordinates
- Excellent written, oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills. Six-Sigma or lean certifications preferred.
- Proven leadership and business acumen skills
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Working knowledge of data collection, data analysis, evaluation, and scientific method.
This position may require exposure to information, which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Davenport Aviation values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact HR and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Davenport Aviation Company Overview
Davenport Aviation, located next to the John Glenn International Airport in Columbus, OH, was established in 2009. A woman-owned small business, Davenport Aviation is a global supplier of aircraft spare parts, equipment, supplies and services for the commercial airline and government markets, optimized by strategic OEM partnerships and long-term relationships. Our mission is to enhance channel partner relationships with OEMs and develop strong product support programs that assist our client airlines in meeting their goals. In 2017, Davenport Aviation was awarded the highest recognition for Excellence in Exporting by the U.S. Department of Commerce. For the last 6 years, Davenport Aviation has been selected as one of the fastest growing companies in Central Ohio by Columbus Business First's annual Fast 50 awards for year-over-year increases in sales. We're a fun, flexible and agile company and we utilize the latest technology to stay ahead of market demands and customer needs, never sacrificing quality. We are ISO 9001:2015 and AS 9120B certified. But our committment to our employee's development and job satisfaction remain at the core of our culture. We are committed to continually learning, communicating, measuring performance and solving challenges to advance our employee's careers with us. We're powered by passionate employees to propel aviation perfomance.