Lead Passenger Service Representative Urgent
- Purchase, New York
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Lead Passenger Service Representative job at Atlas Air Inc in Purchase NY
Description, duties, responsibilities
Please state position applying for in subject line of email. For immediate consideration, please e-mail your resume as a Word document along with salary history/requirements to:
Position Summary: The Lead Passenger Service Representative (LPSR) travels to off-line stations and performs and/or supervises contract personnel’s performance of duties relating to passenger handling, servicing of aircraft, catering, and operational integrity. Ensures all handling services meet all company and governmental policies and regulations and that customers receive quality service.
Values and Behavioral Standards: To ensure the effective communication and application of company values and behavioral standards, as stated in our company “Code of Conduct” policy, and to respond appropriately in the event of any known departure.
Major Job Accountabilities:
- Performs job duties in a timely and professional manner
- Communicates with Manager Passenger Operations, GCC, and customer representatives
- Maintains current passport and travels to off-line stations
- Complies with all company procedures as outlined in company manuals, bulletins, memos and advisories, and ensures that contractors comply with all company and governmental safety and other applicable regulations and procedures
- Monitors, coordinates, and supervises all handling activities, including passenger check-in, baggage and cargo handling, catering, flight deck and cabin crew requirements
- LPSR will act as the primary contact with crew, ground handling agents and governmental authorities
- Analyzes necessary information to determine estimated and actual payload
- Compiles information and calculates aircraft weight and balance
- Knows the pertinent Performance Work Statements(PWS) for each operation
- Reviews all documentation to ensure accuracy and completeness and corrects inaccurate and/or incomplete information. Communicates serious or recurring issues to management
- Ensures safety of company aircraft, passengers and crews by:
– Preventing aircraft damage
– Ensuring proper loading, including nets and locks
– Ensuring HAZMAT and Live Animals are handled correctly, including loading and paperwork
- Performs tasks and ensures that personnel at off-line stations perform tasks for aircraft to arrive and depart as scheduled.
- Ensures all customers, vendors and government authorities are aware of the Atlas Air schedule for the station they are working
- Ensures all equipment and services are in position for proper aircraft handling
- Ensures services are performed according to the most updated CAM messages and meet company standards with ground service equipment and manpower
- Acts as the Ground Security Coordinator(GSC), and enforces GSC procedures
- Completes and/or maintains company reports, messages, files, passenger manifests and documentation, logs and forms and ensures that necessary paperwork (e.g. Customs) is completed
- Remains in contact with HDQ GCC with regards to updates and ground handling progress and during any delay situations
- Works closely with onboard maintenance and flight attendants to ensure all services are performed and necessary supplies are available to depart as scheduled
- Meets with vendors and establishes departure protocol for all services including catering and required uplifts necessary for flight
- LPSR will be responsible for all Ground Operations equipment onboard company aircrafts
- Syncs and updates Sable weight and balance software, and company laptop computers
- Reports issues, defects and low supplies to HDQ in a timely manner
- Monitors the stock and condition of Spare Forms Kit
- Responsible for overall aircraft in-cabin appearance, condition of the main cabin, galleys, closets, overhead bins, lavatories, cargo holds and the bulk cargo hold
- Coordinates all assigned duties with third party contractor PSR
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of five (5) year experience as a PSR in a charter/commercial environment.
- Proven success in performing all PSR duties.
- Airline and/or ground handling experience is required.
- Knows and adheres to company operating and safety policies, operations, processes and procedures appropriate to the job.
- Understands and uses airline and flight terminology and processes.
- Airline passenger and/or ground handling experience is required.
- Airline weight and balance certification is required.
- Proven leadership capabilities, and ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment is required.
- Experience in basic computer programs, such as; Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and OneNote, and Adobe Acrobat
Atlas Air Inc Company Overview
Atlas Air Worldwide is a recognized leader in international aviation outsourcing. Through Atlas Air, Inc., Polar Air Cargo Worldwide, Inc. and Titan Aviation Leasing, we deliver innovative, value-added services, reliability and superior performance to ACMI, CMI, dry-leasing and charter customers worldwide. An eminent force in global cargo operations, our know-how and expertise extend to the passenger market, operating both VIP and high-density flights. With the world’s largest fleet of B747 freighters, including the new-technology 747-8F, our B747 passenger solutions and our complementary B767 cargo and passenger services, we celebrate our 20th anniversary ready to empower our customers to capitalize on market-growth opportunities ahead. Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings is an equal opportunity employer that promotes diversity in the workplace.