Airport Inspector Pilot Featured
- Austin, Texas
- Annual Salary $60,000.00 - $78,953.00
- Job ID
Airport Inspector Pilot job at TxDOT in Austin TX
Description, duties, responsibilities
Conducts airport inspections and obtains technical information necessary for the planning and construction of TxDOT airport improvement and maintenance projects. Conducts on site investigations to determine the scope of capital improvement projects. Collects data in support of the FAA’s airport master record. Flies airborne reconnaissance of the surrounding environment to determine the impact of new construction on instrument procedures and flight patterns. Performs takeoffs, landings and taxiing to determine adequacy of pavement condition and to observe completed construction and/or renovations. Work requires the ability to pilot a single engine aircraft in the performance of job duties. Work requires contact with governmental officials, consultants, contractors and private entities. Employees at this level establish their own work plan and priorities to meet set objectives. Issues are rarely referred to the supervisor but are handled at the occurrence.Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
The essential duties for this job include:
- Collects engineering data at project sites.
- Performs airport inspections in accordance with Federal Aviation Administration guidelines.
- Assists with engineering and problem resolution encountered in project planning.
- Executes special assignments and prepares reports.
- Inspects condition of aircraft and maintains records pertaining to operation of aircraft.
- Maintains flying proficiency and knowledge; keeps abreast of current aviation and applicable aircraft developments to include industry guidelines/standards and applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Operates single engine aircraft.
- Reads applicable advisory notices, obtains weather data and interprets/applies data based on flight plan, as required adjusts schedules and routes.
- Represents the division at various meetings.
- Serves as Pilot-in-Command.
- Performs other job responsibilities as assigned.
The required competencies for this job include:
- Communicate effectively
- Federal Aviation Administration circulars, orders and regulations
- Aviation services programs
- Contingency planning
- Radio protocol procedures
- Applicable industry safety standards, guidelines and specification codes
- Maintains composure when handling problems, stressful situations, continuous change or unexpected developments
- Dealing courteously and effectively with the public
- The use of surveying tools, equipment and instruments
- Maintaining logs and accurately recording work in progress
- Piloting fixed wing aircraft and the operation of applicable aircraft equipment and use of aircraft radio, navigation devices and instrument flight equipment
TxDOT Company Overview
Headquartered in Austin, the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) is organized by administration, districts and divisions. TxDOT's workforce is made up of engineers, administrators, financial experts, designers, architects, sign makers, accountants, purchasers, maintenance workers, travel counselors and many other professions. All of our employees work together to realize the TxDOT mission: Through collaboration and leadership, we deliver a safe, reliable, and integrated transportation system that enables the movement of people and goods.