Avionics technician Urgent
- Crestview, Florida
- Hourly $25.00 - $35.00
- Job ID
Avionics technician job at Emerald Coast Aviation in Crestview FL
Description, duties, responsibilities
Emerald Coast Aviation is a small family owned business located in beautiful Northwest Florida, voted 4th best beaches in the USA. Among our beaches we have plenty of affordable housing, outstanding school districts, 20 State parks and 3 local airports that reach over 60 US destinations. Here at Emerald Coast Aviation you will be part of our small family in our maintenance shop. We plan on starting a avionics repair and install facility and your roll will be to start this, build it and do whatever you can to generate new business. With support of the owner, the DOM and the entire management team you will be given the tools and resources to make our new avionics facility a success. With plans to increase our based aircraft here at Crestview (KCEW) by over 300% in the next 2 years you will have access to plenty of work and projects. We will require support in gaining various avionics dealerships primarily Garmin.
The Avionics Technician performs installations, inspection, testing, troubleshooting, repairing, removal and replacement of aircraft instrument and avionics components and systems using various hand tools and test equipment to meet manufacturer's specifications, FAR's, industry standards, and Repair Station General Operating Manual in a safe and organized work area.
Salary is negotiable and we can offer a relocation package to our beautiful part of the world which I can assure you will give the successful candidate and there family if applicable a outstanding standard of living.
- Installs, troubleshoots, repairs, test, removes and replaces avionics and instrument wiring and systems installed in various air frames using hand tools, test equipment, technical documents, and technical reference materials. Orders necessary parts to complete the job.
- Enters description of work completed on the work order and properly documents removal and installation of aircraft parts and components according to approved data and Emerald Coast Aviation.
- Ability to bench test and identify discrepancies in avionics, instrument components and systems removed from aircraft.
- Fabricate drawings and standard practice wire bundles and assemblies to include the marking of wires, properly securing wires into bundles, and termination of wires into a variety of contacts and connectors.
- Be able to work within budgeted and estimated times.
- Accurately interpret maintenance manuals, service bulletins, wiring diagrams, system schematics, drawings, engineering orders and other technical documents.
- Properly utilize and maintain hand tools and test equipment to perform repairs and installations.
- Be knowledgeable about FAA regulations
- Minimum 3 years General Aviation avionics experience
- Must have a airframe and powerplant aircraft mechanics license
- Skills: Experience in the field, ability to read, interpret, and follow wiring diagrams, layout drawings, and parts lists
- Must possess excellent oral and written skills
- Excellent concentration and attention to detail with efficiency and accuracy in work ethic
- Must be able to work both in a small team environment and also unsupervised
- Must be able to meet deadlines and adapt to constantly changing work assignments
- Familiarity with Garmin products highly preferred
Must be able to lift and carry up to 40 lbs.
Be able to stand for long periods of time, work in confined aircraft interiors
Be able to bend, grasp, sit, pull, push, stoop, and stretch
Must have full color vision and visual acuity with or without corrective lenses
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
Must be able to pass random alcohol and drug tests
Must be able to travel independently to and from the workplace
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
We look forward to someone joining our family team, with a outstanding work enviroment in one of the most stunning parts of our wonderful country.
Emerald Coast Aviation Company Overview
Emerald Coast Aviation is a family owned Fixed based oprator located in NorthWest Florida between Pensacola and Tallaasse. We have been in business for 15 years and have two locations. we are a small business our ethics and integrity form every part of business decisions. Our primary location at Crestview (KCEW) has a medium sized maintenance repair station Station with 4 full time mechanics including two with inspection authorization. We have 30000 sq feet for hangar, 30 acres of ramp space. We have a active flight school using Cessna 172 G1000 aircraft. We are located 20 miles from some of the best beaches in the world, we have multiple gold courses and many State parks. Excellent health care is provdid by multiple venders including Ascencion Health, we also have one of best school districts in the state of Florida.