Video Producer Urgent
- Frederick, Maryland
- Annual Salary $50,000.00 - $60,000.00
- Job ID
Video Producer job at Aircraft Owners and Pilots Assoc in Frederick MD
Description, duties, responsibilities
Produce high quality, compelling, and engaging educational videos for the AOPA Air Safety Institute in support of its mission to improve general aviation safety through industry-leading research, education, and outreach.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Conducts all aspects of professional-level video pre-production, production, and post-production including subject matter research, writing and editing narration scripts, storyboarding, casting, logistics, shooting, directing, lighting, sound recording, and video editing.
- Applies the most appropriate creative process of storytelling through the art of filmmaking including artistic treatment, tone, and style (instructional or how-to, documentary, interviews, case studies, animations, etc.).
- Works independently or as part of a small video crew, depending on project needs.
- Create and insert on-screen text and animations/2D motion graphics.
- Films in-flight footage on board small general aviation aircraft.
- Proficient in post-production sound editing, color correction, and appropriate selection of sound effects and background music.
- Maintains and operates video, audio, lighting, video-editing software, and other related equipment.
- Makes recommendations to management for software and equipment purchases.
- Travels as necessary for offsite filming and/or to represent the Air Safety Institute at aviation events.
- Creates, sustains, and guides the creative process.
- Implements the latest technological and creative video production and filmmaking trends.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in video production, filmmaking, or related fields. Professional experience may substitute for a degree.
- Demonstrated skills as a video producer, including knowledge of cinematography, composition, lighting, audio, filming, motion graphics, and editing.
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, script, and tell an engaging story through video.
- Proficiency with Adobe Premiere Pro or Final Cut Pro, After Effects, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, focused environment while working on multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Willingness to travel when necessary.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrates initiative, punctuality, teamwork, dependability, and accepts constructive feedback with a positive attitude.
- Seeks opportunities for professional development.
- Preferences: Photography, 3D motion graphics, Private Pilot certificate or higher
AOPA is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace