C 17 Vehicle Simulation Software Manager Featured
- Hazelwood, Missouri
- Job ID
C 17 Vehicle Simulation Software Manager job at Boeing in Hazelwood MO
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Manages employees performing engineering and technical activities in the area of Software Engineering. Develops and executes project and process plans, implements policies and procedures and sets operational goals. Acquires resources for projects and processes, provides technical management of suppliers and leads process improvements. Develops and maintains relationships and partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, partners and direct reports. Provides oversight and approval of technical approaches, products and processes. Manages, develops and motivates employees.
This position is for the first line leader for C-17 software within the BGS Training Systems organization. This position is responsible for the diverse software team who helps update and modify the global distributed fleet of C-17 training devices which include full motion flight crew trainers, full scale and virtual load master training devices and other hardware and virtual maintenance trainers. This is a dynamic work environment with many concurrent and overlapping projects that require good team work, planning and execution. The team is currently operating in a SAFe Agile work environment and the applicant needs to have previous experience in leading a team in an Agile work environment.
- Applies in-depth understanding of program budget management principles and practices to develop and administer program budgets.
- Ensures work statement is completed on schedule and budget.
- Develops project and operational plans aligned to team objectives.
- Reviews plans execution, makes appropriate adjustments, and resolves issues.
- Monitors and reports appropriate metrics to ensure performance to plan.
- Coaches, counsels, mentors and provides developmental opportunities and job assignments to enhance employee performance and expand capabilities.
- Provides on-going developmental feedback.
- Recognizes contributions of individuals and teams to improve employee satisfaction and retain a skilled and motivated workforce.
- Holds direct reports accountable for achieving goals.
- Provides technical direction and guidance to others regarding approved processes, tools, technology and skills for own projects or processes.
- Establishes partnerships and relationships with USAF and FMS customers, stakeholders, peers and direct reports.
- Implements policies, procedures and documents to ensure consistent execution of processes within workgroup in support of Company customer requirements.
- Forecasts resource needs and obtains and manages personnel, facilities, services, equipment and tools to meet project and daily operating requirements.
- Evaluates business requirements against cost, schedule and technical constraints.
- Interprets business requirements for complex and multiple project scope determination based on knowledge of the project lifecycle.
- Identifies and documents what is included (and not included) within project scope.
- Manages overall project health (e.g., Cost Performance Index [CPI], Schedule Performance Index [SPI], Earned Value)
- Provide coaching, mentoring, oversight of transition to a SAFe Agile work environment.
This position requires a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 1+ years of experience in software development project management
- Experience in leadership either formally or informally leading teams
- 3+ years of experience with Scaled Agile Framework enterprise (SAFe) or Agile in general
- 3+ years of software development experience
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- 1+ years of experience as a CAM (cost account manager) in EVM (earned value management)
- Experience with C-17
- Experience in software development, systems engineering, or integration and test experience with mission systems on tactical platforms
- Experience working within accepted project management standards in the industry with any one or a combination of the following: Project management Institute (PMI), Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK), Application, Development, & Sustaining (AD & S)
- 3+ years of experience in the development and design of aircraft simulation and/or training devices
Typical Education and/or Experience Qualifications:
Bachelors degree and typically 9 or more years experience in an engineering classification or a Masters degree with typically 7 or more years experience in an engineering classification or a PhD degree with typically 4 or more years experience in an engineering classification. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
This Hybrid position allows some telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed location options. (St. Louis, MO).
Drug Free Workplace
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.