- Anchorage, Alaska
- Hourly $17.00
- Job ID
Cargo Agent job at Everts Air Cargo in Anchorage AK
Description, duties, responsibilities
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration, and charter operations. Our corporate teams set the strategies and operational plans to ensure the success of our company. Whether we use our expertise in accounting, human resources, finance, planning, marketing, or any of our operational divisions, our shared passion for aviation is what motivates us to achieve excellence each day. If you share our passion for creating an airline people love, we want to hear from you.
Cargo Agents are responsible for following all Everts Air Cargo (EAC) policies and procedures while completing daily duties involving mail induction, cargo consolidation and storage, and aircraft loading and unloading. Cargo Agents work in the warehouse, on the ramp, and in EAC aircraft throughout the year and in a wide variety of conditions. Cargo Agents transport mail to and from the post office and transfer it to other air carriers around the airport. Completion of assigned duties is accomplished by EAC’s Cargo Agents while using a variety of company equipment.
- Induct Bypass, Non-Priority and Priority Mail into EAC’s transportation system, including stacking, shrink-wrapping, bagging and properly storing mail.
- Organize and consolidate freight and mail in preparation for loading.
- Stage freight and mail in preparation for a flight.
- Operate company equipment while working on the ramp and safely and efficiently loading EAC aircraft, including use of forklifts, belt loaders, bob-tail trucks, chain carts and dollies, and scissor lift trucks.
- Occasionally fly on aircraft to final destination to assist in loading and unloading.
- Operating forklift on the ramp (including moving, storing and staging mail and freight and unloading flatbed trailers) while maintaining the highest level of attention to safety and productivity.
Job-Specific Experience, Education & Skills
- Sufficient physical ability, strength, mobility, and stamina to lift, carry, push or pull objects which frequently exceed 70 pounds.
- Requires the ability to work in extreme weather conditions.
- Ability to work a variety of schedules to include nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to obtain airport security clearance.
- Ability to communicate in English
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum age of 18
- Authorization to work in the U.S.
- Competitive total rewards package
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k match program
- Generous paid time off
Compensation Starting at $17/Hour
FLSA Status Non-Exempt
Requisition ID 436621658
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, genetic information, or other legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. If you would like to view a copy of our affirmative action plans, please contact us.
Please reference AvJobs when applying for this position.
Everts Air Cargo Company Overview
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration and charter operations. Everts provides scheduled freight service to 12 major hubs in Alaska. Everts expanded operations to the Lower 48 and now has five MD-80 jets and flies throughout the US, Canada and Mexico.