Senior Internal Auditor
- Purchase, New York
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Senior Internal Auditor job at Atlas Air Inc in Purchase NY
Description, duties, responsibilities
Title: Senior Internal Auditor
Location: Purchase, NY
Department: Internal Audit
Reports To: Director, Internal Audit
Position Summary: The position will focus on the conducting of operational and financial (i.e., Sarbanes-Oxley compliance) risk-based audits. The position will report directly to the Senior Manager, Internal Audit (IA), indirectly to the Vice President of IA, and will assist with the planning, execution, and reporting of internal audits as required.
Major Job Accountabilities:
- Assist Senior Manager, IA with developing strategies to improve internal controls and minimize risk.
- Assist with the execution of financial, operational or other audits and special projects as required.
- Supervise IA personnel as required.
- Survey the function or activities to be audited and prepare detailed process flows and audit programs for use in performing the audit, including both tests of controls and substantive testing.
- Keep IA Management informed of the status of audits in progress and any potential problems or significant audit findings as they arise.
- Prepare a list of audit issues throughout the audit and constructively discuss with local management to validate each issue and begin developing a plan for remediation.
- Provide consolidated written documentation of all audit issues to local management during the closing meeting on the last day of fieldwork.
- Prepare a draft of the audit report and send to local management for documenting their action plan to address each issue.
- Contribute to IA Management strategy to develop, sustain, and continuously enhance the image and perceived value of the IA within Atlas Air World Wide Holdings (AAWW).
- Assist with all activities related to Section 404 certification including:
- Risk Assessment
- Control Documentation and Remediation
- Control Design
- Testing of Operating Effectiveness
- Policies and Procedures
- Administration of Self-Assessments
- Constructively work with management to: identify areas for improvement, collectively agree upon appropriate corrective actions, facilitate remediation efforts, and monitor progress to ensure that the Company is timely addressing and remediating significant deficiencies and/or material weaknesses.
- Work with Senior Manager, IA to assist key executives in documenting both existing and newly created policies and procedures using established Company standards.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of appropriate testing strategies and test plans to enable management to assess the operating effectiveness of key controls over financial reporting.
- Assist with the administration of the Company’s control self-assessment program and various education efforts related to SOX 404, internal controls and fraud risk management.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- CPA or CIA certificate highly desirable; MBA a plus.
- 3-4 years’ experience in corporate audit, business process consulting and/or public accounting.
- 3-4 years’ operational/financial/compliance audit experience.
- At least one year experience in an audit supervisory role.
- Sound track record of accomplishment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, strong analytical skills, ability to maintain composure under pressure, and a proactive approach to problem-solving and the overall execution of job responsibilities are all essential qualities necessary to be successful in this position.
- Sarbanes-Oxley testing experience, particularly Section 404.
- Knowledge of COSO Integrated Frameworks for Internal Control and ERM.
- Systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance process.
- A team player and ability to interact with all levels within the company.
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package including health coverage, life insurance and 401k savings plan with company match. Visit our website at www.atlasair.com.
The Company is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. It is the Company's policy not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Please see the links to the “EEO is the Law” posters on our career websites http://www.atlasair.com/holdings/careers.html.
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume through http://www.atlasair.com/holdings/careers.html.
Atlas Air Inc Company Overview
Atlas Air Worldwide is a recognized leader in international aviation outsourcing. Through Atlas Air, Inc., Polar Air Cargo Worldwide, Inc. and Titan Aviation Leasing, we deliver innovative, value-added services, reliability and superior performance to ACMI, CMI, dry-leasing and charter customers worldwide. An eminent force in global cargo operations, our know-how and expertise extend to the passenger market, operating both VIP and high-density flights. With the world’s largest fleet of B747 freighters, including the new-technology 747-8F, our B747 passenger solutions and our complementary B767 cargo and passenger services, we celebrate our 20th anniversary ready to empower our customers to capitalize on market-growth opportunities ahead. Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings is an equal opportunity employer that promotes diversity in the workplace.