- Oakland, California
- Job ID
Inspector job at KaiserAir Inc in Oakland CA
Description, duties, responsibilities
KaiserAir, Inc. is advertising an immediate opening for a full-time Oakland Based Aircraft Inspector. The inspector is a key part of the determination of the airworthiness process within the company and responsible for the Air Carrier and Repair Station processes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform inspection functions in accordance with the procedures in KaiserAir, Inc. manuals as well as performing inspection functions on ETOPS aircraft
- Accomplish, once trained and authorized to perform Required Inspections, inspection of Required Inspection Items in accordance with procedures established in the KaiserAir, Inc. manuals, or as authorized by other air carriers.
- Once trained and designated with Airworthiness Release Authority by the Chief Inspector, prepare return-to-service statements and airworthiness release in accordance with the procedures in the KaiserAir, Inc. manuals.
- Review and document newly issued Airworthiness Directives, Alert Service Bulletins and Service Bulletins for applicability on KaiserAir aircraft as requested by the Chief Inspector.
- Review all Work Order/Discrepancy Forms to determine applicability of Required Inspection Item, Special Inspection, ETOPS significant system, Major Repair or Alteration FAA Form 337 and Weight and Balance Calculation.
- Assures that required preliminary, hidden, damage, progressive and final inspections are properly performed and that proper inspection records, reports and forms are properly executed prior to releasing the product.
- Assist with CASS audits, fuel audits and Internal process audits for the Oakland facility as assigned by the Chief Inspector.
- Evaluate published technical data for timely and accurate applicability to quality assurance /shop procedures to ensure reliable, quality products.
- Serve as a source of knowledge and information for other Maintenance Department Personnel.
- High school graduate or GED
- Hold a Mechanic’s Certificate with Airframe and Powerplant ratings and have held these rating for at least two years.
- Two years of A&P experience maintaining or repairing aircraft in the same category and class as KaiserAir, Inc.
- Strong Knowledge of CFR’s and other regulatory guidance.
- Ability to pass a written exam demonstrating proficiency with KAI computer maintenance document
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Proven skills as an effective team member, motivation to accomplish the task at hand, ability to work independently without excessive reliance on others
- High degree of integrity
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
This position will remain open until filled
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
KaiserAir Inc Company Overview
Based in Oakland, California, KaiserAir has a long history as one of the pioneers in business aviation.andnbsp; For over 65 years we have flown with a perfect safety record and now we have earned a Part 121 Air Carrier certificate which enables us to fly large airplanes with more passengers. KaiserAir is a unique company and the only full-service aviation company in the San Francisco Bay Area.andnbsp; We currently operate two FBOS (in Oakland and Santa Rosa), offering part 145 Maintenance services, Part 135 Charter, aircraft management and airplane sales.