Senior Data Engineer Featured
- Kent, Washington
- Job ID
Senior Data Engineer job at Boeing in Kent WA
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Data Solutions Service team is currently looking for a forward-looking Senior Data Engineer to join our team in Seattle WA, St. Louis MO, Long Beach CA, Charleston SC. Data Solutions Services provides multiple products and offerings that allow application teams to meet specific application development and security requirements by securing and enabling business data. You will work with a team of hybrid IT professionals creating, maintaining, and growing innovative data-centric solutions.
- Collaborate with product managers, product owners, technical team members, business stakeholders, and designers to implement data solution services.
- Evaluates technical solutions and alternatives to assess suitability for data solutions services.
- Building efficient and scalable data services solutions that are customer focused, easy to consume and create business impact.
- Builds data pipelines and transformations, data ingestion, data enrichment processes, data storage, and user interfaces to meet the requirements of key initiatives.
- Integrate data systems, and enable cloud services to support variety of customer use cases/applications.
- Perform data analysis, mapping, validation, migration, and testing for large scale data migrations.
- Develop detailed technical design documents for data migration services.
- Automation using DevSecOps and other available tools to expedite the product development along with First Time Quality
- Engage in technical planning, design, and code reviews.
- Leveraging industry best practices, architecture frameworks, methods, and standards.
- Ensure that non-functional requirements such as security, performance, maintainability, scalability, usability, and reliability are being considered when architecting solutions.
- Contribute to the ongoing learning and success of the team, and the company, by sharing knowledge through mentorship, collaboration, and aiding in the documentation.
This position has been identified as a virtual opportunity and does not require applicants to live in Seattle, WA.
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “U.S. Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “U.S. Person” includes U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 6+ years hands-on data engineering, data integration and transformation experience
- 3+ years in industry working as a developer related to data integration, data modeling, analytics and reporting.
- 3+ years experience developing data pipelines or ETLs
- 3+ years of experience with Restful APIs and web services integration (JSON, SOAP, REST)
- 2+ year of experience with Cloud hosted platform such as AWS, Azure or Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
- Proficient in Agile methodology and Implementing DevOps pipeline – Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD)
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience and familiarity with databases management systems such as SQL Server, Postgres, Oracle, MySQL.
- Experience with data integration and data analytics.
- Hands on experience in using DevSecOps techniques and practices.
- Known for reliability, responsiveness, attention to detail, and ability to deliver high-quality work products.
- Results-oriented, resourceful individual with interpersonal skills and the ability to lead, follow, collaborate and influence.
Typical Education & Experience:
Typically, 9 or more years related work experience or relevant military experience. Advanced degree (eg. bachelor, master, etc) preferred but not required.
This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities. The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work. The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements. Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Summary pay range: $76,800.00–$142,740.00
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.