F/A 18 Systems Engineering Multi Skill Manager Featured
- Hazelwood, Missouri
- Job ID
FA 18 Systems Engineering Multi Skill Manager job at Boeing in Hazelwood MO
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Global Services (BGS) is seeking a front-line manager (Manager, Engineering Multi-Skill Leader) to lead the F/A-18 Systems Engineering, Integration, and Test (SEIT) team in St. Louis, MO.
The F/A-18 SEIT team provides support to the F/A-18 Integrated Readiness Team including support for US Navy and Marine Corp sustainment efforts, support for F/A-18 Service Life Modification and Growler Capability Modification mod lines, and support for production of flight control surface spares. The SEIT team also provides sustainment support for seven international customers including Australia, Canada, Finland, Kuwait, Malaysia, Spain, and Switzerland.
The F/A-18 SEIT manager reports to the F/A-18 Chief Engineer and is accountable to program managers across the F/A-18 Integrated Readiness Team and international programs.
- Oversee sustainment engineering efforts including development of airframe/structure repairs, coordination of avionics hardware/software upgrades, coordination of engineering support for spares production lines, and coordination of engineering support for supplier activities
- Manage risks, issues, and opportunities and technical baselines
- Ensure engineering satisfies technical requirements, quality expectations, and meets program deadlines
- Ensure engineering executes within program budgets and communicate any technical issues that may pose risk to budget
- Manage development plans to continuously cultivate and maintain critical skills within the team
- Manage Configuration Control Boards, Engineering Review Boards, and Safety Review Boards
- Track and monitor organizational metrics and develop improvement plans for areas below standards
- Perform all staffing, hiring, and human resource related managerial functions
- Coordinate with the Office of the Chief Engineer and program managers to align expectations for engineering performance across the portfolio
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment covering a wide variety of technical challenges
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Secret Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. secret clearance Post Start is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in an engineering field
- 3+ years of experience leading a team of engineers
- 5+ years of experience working in a professional environment
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience in post-production sustainment support
- Experience with engineering processes, regulatory and post production support
- Experience working in a Quality organization or working directly with a Quality organization to provide products or services
- Experience leading the development of competitive government proposals
- Experience with Enterprise Standard Gated Process (EGSP)
- Understanding of working contracts with U.S. Department of Defense, Direct Commercial Sales (DCS) and/or Foreign Military Sales (FMS) customers
- Experience with export compliance or international programs
Bachelors degree and typically 9 or more years experience in an engineering classification or a Masters degree with typically 7 or more years experience in an engineering classification or a PhD degree with typically 4 or more years experience in an engineering classification. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
This Hybrid position allows some telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed location options. (St. Louis, MO.)
Occasional travel (10%) is required in support of the program and customer.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for 1st shift.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Summary pay range: 129,200 – 174,800
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.