Assistant Chief Inspector
- Fairbanks, Alaska
- Annual Salary $90,000.00
- Job ID
Assistant Chief Inspector job at Everts Air Cargo in Fairbanks AK
Description, duties, responsibilities
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a Part 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo’s headquarters are located in Fairbanks Alaska. Fairbanks serves as our primary base for the maintenance department for both scheduled and unscheduled maintenance to include A checks, B checks and C checks. Line maintenance functions are also conducted in Anchorage Alaska, and Laredo Texas. Our current fleet consists of the MD-80, DC-9, DC-6, and the C-46.
The Assistant Chief Inspector (ACI) supports and coordinates functions with the Chief Inspector ensuring that all work performed complies with applicable technical data, company manuals and FAA requirements. The ACI will provide direction, training, mentoring, oversight and leadership to the Authorized Inspectors and Records Department personnel. The ACI will interact closely with Maintenance Leadership, Cargo Services, Load Control and Flight Control and make informed decisions regarding aircraft planning, employee staffing and oversight.
- Responsible for assisting the Chief Inspector in directing the priorities and activities of aircraft inspections, planning, and departmental training.
- Acts as a primary point of contact for all Authorized Inspectors and Records Department personnel.
- As requested by the Chief Inspector, acts as a liaison on all aircraft maintenance concerns and planning between Everts Air Cargo and the FAA, ensuring familiarity, and compliance with FARs, Ops Specs, Maintenance Manuals, and Service Bulletins.
- Assists with the continued development and improvement of the Inspections Department to include the addition of an NDI program.
- Reviews the records of all potential, or newly acquired, aircraft for their possible inclusion onto the company certificate. Maintains current files of FAR specifications, type data sheets, and airworthiness directives.
- Occasional travel to rural Alaska.
- Monitors work performed to ascertain it meets all FAA and company manual requirements. Monitors FAA sources for revisions and additions to all pertinent directives, publications, and FAA Orders for changes in compliance requirements.
- Responsible for the proper recording and completion of all RII inspection functions. Inspects or provides qualified inspectors for the inspection and return to service of RII Items.
- Responsible for periodically reviewing calibration records and confirming that all precision equipment requiring calibration, is within calibration per the time limits specified by the Manual.
Job-Specific Experience, Education & Skills
- Airframe and Powerplant Certification (3 years) or work experience in an aviation maintenance department (3 years). A combination of work experience and education will be considered
- Management experience (3 years).
- Knowledge of 14 CFR regulations for Part 121 and Part 135.
- Knowledge of aircraft records, AAIP’s, MEL’s, ADs, and service bulletins.
- Prioritize and multi-task to meet deadlines.
- Valid driver’s license.
- USA work authorization.
Job-Specific Leadership Expectations
Embody our values to own safety, do the right thing, be kind-hearted, deliver performance, and be remarkable.
- Competitive total rewards package
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k match program
- Generous paid time off
Compensation Starting at $90,000/year
FLSA Status Exempt
Requisition ID 436643827
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, genetic information, or other legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. If you would like to view a copy of our affirmative action plans, please contact us.
Please reference AvJobs when applying for this position.
Everts Air Cargo Company Overview
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration and charter operations. Everts provides scheduled freight service to 12 major hubs in Alaska. Everts expanded operations to the Lower 48 and now has five MD-80 jets and flies throughout the US, Canada and Mexico.