Accounting Manager Featured
- Fairbanks, Alaska
- Annual Salary $75,000.00
- Job ID
Accounting Manager job at Everts Air Cargo in Fairbanks AK
Description, duties, responsibilities
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration, and charter operations. Our corporate teams set the strategies and operational plans to ensure the success of our company. Whether we use our expertise in accounting, human resources, finance, planning, marketing, or any of our operational divisions, our shared passion for aviation is what motivates us to achieve excellence each day. If you share our passion for creating an airline people love, we want to hear from you.
The Accounting Manager, under the direction and guidance of the Senior Accounting Manager and the Controller, is responsible to assist with the tasks of maintaining financial reports, financial records, and general ledgers. Responsibility will include financial statement and report preparation on a regular and special request basis, preparing summaries and forecasts for future business growth and economic outlook, assisting departments with annual budget preparation and budget reviews, spearheading, and assisting with special projects impacting the Accounting Department and the Organization, assisting with the close of financial periods, and assisting in recruitment of personnel. The Accounting Manager is responsible for and will be trained in and have a working knowledge of all desks such that s/he is prepared to support all areas of accounting as required. The Accounting Manager will be responsible for contract Accounting and will, manage and provide oversight of the accounting staff and work product for contracted accounting services. This individual will direct and oversee all the financial activities of the contracted corporation, for financial statement and report preparation and summaries and forecasts for future business growth and general economic outlook. This includes the general ledger, accounts payables, accounts receivables, asset management, long-range planning, budget preparation and reporting, and statistical accumulation.
- Coordinate and conduct preparation of financial statements, business activity reports, statistical information, financial position forecasts, annual budgets, and/or reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Coordinates and prepares for financial audits as required by policy, governmental regulations, or other organizations.
- Conducts and/or coordinates audits of company financial information to ensure compliance with state and federal requirements and statutes.
- Reviews and/or prepares information compiled for local, state, and federal reporting.
- Prepares and reviews information required for tax returns.
- Assist with all financial reconciliations and period closings.
- Ensures all accounting functions are timely and properly completed.
- Ensure proper and timely submission of all city, state, and federal tax returns and tax payments.
- Ensure accurate and timely submission of various landing reports.
- Identify areas within the department that could benefit from procedural, systems and technological solutions to enhance the organization and facilitate more efficiencies considering input from all levels of the organization.
Job-Specific Experience, Education & Skills
- Valid Driver’s License
- This position requires a bachelor's degree in Business Administration with a major in Accounting or Finance and five (5) years' experience in accounting, of which three (3) years should be at Management Level; or any combination of experience, education, and training which would provide the level of knowledge, skill, and ability required. A CPA is also highly desirable.
- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking, and the analysis and reporting of financial data to include GAAP.
- Knowledge of appropriate management and supervisory skills to supervise general accounting staff.
- Ability to design and utilize computer reports and output.
- Ability to learn and fully utilize all aspect of all accounting software to include Quick Books, Sage and UKG.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Suite products.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures, work processing systems/software, managing files and records, designing forms and other office procedures and related terminology.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with co-workers, supervisor, management, and various external individuals and organizations.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing with a wide range of people.
- Highly motivated self-starter.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of employment, including file and record maintenance.
Job-Specific Leadership Expectations
Embody our values to own safety, do the right thing, be kind-hearted, deliver performance, and be remarkable.
- Competitive total rewards package
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k match program
- Generous paid time off
Compensation Starting at $75,000 per year or more based on experience
FLSA Status Exempt
Requisition ID 419832192
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, genetic information, or other legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. If you would like to view a copy of our affirmative action plans, please contact us.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Everts Air Cargo Company Overview
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration and charter operations. Everts provides scheduled freight service to 12 major hubs in Alaska. Everts expanded operations to the Lower 48 and now has five MD-80 jets and flies throughout the US, Canada and Mexico.