International Flight Planner Featured
- Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Job ID
International Flight Planner job at XOJET Aviation LLC in Fort Lauderdale FL
Description, duties, responsibilities
The International Flight Planner is responsible for all aspects of international trips. This includes but is not limited to flight planning the route of the flight securing ground handling custom/immigration and landing and overfly permits as required for each trip.
- Serve as the Subject Matter Expert on international requirements for all teams within the SOC and throughout the company.
- Perform all international planning duties:
- Determine flight plan route considering all applicable SIDs STARs NOTAMs airspace restrictions aircraft performance capabilities and customs/immigration availability.
- Identify request and secure:
- Appropriate USCBP authorizations
- Overflight permits
- Foreign/domestic customs/immigration
- Foreign/domestic aircraft and passenger handling
- Crew accommodations and transport with appropriate security considerations.
- Collaborate with the Client Services team to ensure all necessary passenger information is acquired and correct (i.e. personal information VISAs etc.).
- Perform operational feasibility checks on all trips and follow-up on stated concerns prior to departure.
- Perform quality control of future trips to ensure timely collection of passenger information.
- Develop relationships and partnerships with service providers.
- Assist the Supervisor International Flight Planning as directed.
- Assist the Senior Director SOC as directed.
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE
- International Flight Planning experience required
- Part 135 experience strongly preferred
- Dispatcher certificate is a plus
- FAA Dispatcher certificate or relevant work experience
- Self-starter who thrives in a dynamic fast-pace environment
- Highly detail oriented with excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a team environment
- High school diploma or GED required. College degree a plus.
- Proficient with PC and Microsoft Office skills (including Word and Excel) and the ability to learn new programs quickly.
- Department: Operations
- Location: Fort Lauderdale FL
- Reports to: Supervisor International Flight Planning
- FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
XOJET Aviation LLC Company Overview
XOJET is one of the largest private aviation companies in North America. We own and operate the largest on-demand fleet of super-midsize private jets in the U.S. supplemented by a Preferred Partner Network of over 1450+ aircraft – all of which are maintained to exceed the highest level of safety standards in the industry. XOJET was the first private aviation company to enable its entire fleet with complimentary Wi-Fi and has earned the industrys highest safety ratings including ARGUS Platinum Wyvern Wingman and ISBAO Stage III. We employ 400+ employees across the country and have offices in San Francisco Sacramento New York Los Angeles and Palm Beach. Our clients include a wide range of businesses and individuals across a spectrum of industries including finance private equity technology media and entertainment.