Aviation Mechanic Lead Featured
- West Palm Beach, Florida
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Aviation Mechanic Lead job at NextEra Energy Inc in West Palm Beach FL
Description, duties, responsibilities
Position Specific Description
The Aviation Department is seeking a Lead Maintenance Technician to oversee and perform aircraft maintenance activities. Have an extensive experience and knowledge in jet aircraft maintenance. This position also requires an individual who has team building skills, highly organized, excellent communication skills and the ability to handle sensitive information. The candidate must be dependable, have initiative, and be highly motivated to work in a team environment. This position is for day shift and working hours can be adjusted to accommodate flight schedules.
We truly have the best team in the business. Apply today to be a part of it!
Employees in this role are responsible for ensuring the highest level of dependable mechanical operation of any company owned aircraft. This job also assists the Aviation Maintenance Manager in overseeing daily maintenance operations.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
Under limited supervision:
- Coordinates with maintenance technicians to perform all scheduled and unscheduled maintenance to the highest possible airworthiness standard
- Performs pre- and post- flight inspections on company aircraft
- Assists Aviation Maintenance Manager in tracking duty assignments of aircraft technicians and completing quarterly maintenance evaluation reports
- Assists with and ensures all aircraft and related documentation are processed and organized in an efficient and professional manner; maintains engine and airframe logbooks, aircraft records, related materials and aircraft manuals
- Assists in all areas of maintenance to be performed at off-site contract facilities
- Assists in and responsible for the cleanliness and organization of aviation facilities and work areas
- Ensures all support equipment is maintained properly
- Assists with all associated ground handling activities, including towing and fueling of aircraft, assisting passengers on arrivals/departures, etc.
- Serves as mentor to other aviation mechanics; serves as leader of maintenance team when Aviation Maintenance Manager is unavailable
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
High School Grad / GED
Experience: 8+ years
FAA Airframe and Powerplant Certificate
Employee Group: Non Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Aviation
Organization: NextEra Energy, Inc.
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida
Other Work Locations: Florida
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy Inc Company Overview
NextEra Energy, Inc. (NYSE: NEE) is a leading clean energy company with consolidated revenues of approximately $17.2 billion, operates approximately 46,790 megawatts of net generating capacity and employs approximately 14,000 people in 33 states and Canada as of year-end 2017. Headquartered in Juno Beach, Florida, NextEra Energy’s principal subsidiaries are Florida Power & Light Company, which serves approximately 5 million customer accounts in Florida and is one of the largest rate-regulated electric utilities in the United States, and NextEra Energy Resources, LLC, which, together with its affiliated entities, is the world’s largest generator of renewable energy from the wind and sun. Through its subsidiaries, NextEra Energy generates clean, emissions-free electricity from eight commercial nuclear power units in Florida, New Hampshire, Iowa and Wisconsin. A Fortune 200 company and included in the S&P 100 index, NextEra Energy has been recognized often by third parties for its efforts in sustainability, corporate responsibility, ethics and compliance, and diversity, and has been ranked No. 1 in the electric and gas utilities industry in Fortune’s 2018 list of "World’s Most Admired Companies.