Safety Analyst Featured
- Vandalia, Ohio
- Job ID
Safety Analyst job at PSA Airlines in Vandalia OH
Description, duties, responsibilities
Safety Analyst (FOQA/LOSA)
• Location: Dayton OH
• Work Schedule: Full Time (Mon through Fri 8:00am to 5:00pm occasional extended periods of time as necessary)
• Reports To: Flight Safety Program Manager – FOQA/LOSA
• Direct Reports: None
• Relocation: Some relocation assistance available
• Travel: Some travel will be expected for this position
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared professional excellence is expected and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe secure and happy. It is The PSA Way which focuses on our goals safety respect preparedness professional excellence and passion. This foundation reflects how we think act and communicate with one another and our customers.
Dayton OH – Dayton is known as the Gem City and the birthplace of Aviation. It is also the home of PSA Airlines headquarters. Here you will be able to enjoy a rich history in aviation by visiting the National Museum of the United States Air Force and the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historic Park.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All eligible employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance Short and Long-term Disability Flexible Spending Plan (FSA) and supplementary options
As the Flight Operations Quality Assurance (FOQA) and Line Operation Safety Audit (LOSA) Analyst you will impact PSA Airlines operations through interacting with company managers union representatives and the FAA. In assisting in the FOQA and LOSA programs you will be ensuring PSA is providing quality service through safe and reliable flights.
• Assist in facilitating the FOQA Monitoring Team (FMT) meetings.
• Review FOQA data with the FMT and provide analysis support as required.
• Maintain parameter definition event sets and coordinate changes with the FMT in addition to maintaining a log of any changes that are made.
• Maintain a FOQA history log of corrective actions.
• Monitor the status of recommendations.
• Disseminate FOQA information to the PSA stakeholders.
• Coordinate maintenance issues with PSA Maintenance and Engineering.
• Monitor emerging threats utilizing flight data monitoring (FDM).
• Develop and maintain the FOQA program (I&O Plan and FOQA MOU).
• Manage password selection and maintenance of the FDM software.
• Create safety promotion products on a routine and as needed basis.
• Conduct various safety promotion presentations to increase the knowledge and awareness of departmental safety efforts.
• Help maintain the Flight Safety Index (FSI).
• Assist in facilitating LOSA Steering Committee meetings.
• Review LOSA findings with the LOSA Steering Committee.
• Monitor emerging threats utilizing line operation safety audits.
• Disseminate LOSA information to the PSA stakeholders.
• Assist in training and supporting LOSA observers.
• Develop and maintain LOSA program documentation.
• In absence duties will be completed by the Flight Safety Program Manager - FOQA/LOSA.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelors Degree in related field or equivalent experience/training
• Private Pilot license or higher
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
• Ability to perform statistical/data analysis
• Ability to speak/read/write in English
• If hired must be able to demonstrate that you are authorized to work in the US.
• Experience working with data mining tools such as Tableau Access etc.
• Must be able to handle multiple projects with changing deadlines
• One year of FOQA or aviation safety related experience
• Knowledge of aeronautical theory and aviation operations as applied to commercial aircraft
• Basic programming knowledge/experience
To be successful at PSA you should be:
• Engaging Communicator
• Results Driven
To be successful in this position you should be great at:
• Time management
• Problem solving
• Working with minimal supervision in a team environment
• Maintaining confidentiality and handling sensitive situations
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers telephones photocopiers facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race color creed religion sex (including pregnancy gender identity and sexual orientation) national origin citizenship status age disability genetic information protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requisition ID: 2021-2749
Street: 3400 Terminal Drive
PSA Airlines Company Overview
PSA Airlines operates an all-jet fleet consisting of exclusively Bombardier regional jet aircraft. We have an incredible team of more than 3900 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Headquartered in Dayton Ohio PSA also has flight crew bases located in Dayton Cincinnati Ohio Knoxville Tennessee Washington D.C. Charlotte North Carolina Philadelphia Pennsylvania and Norfolk Virginia. PSA has maintenance facilities in Akron-Canton Airport (CAK) Charlotte-Douglas International Airport (CLT) Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG) Greenville-Spartanburg (GSP) Norfolk International Airport (ORF) Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport (SAV)Pensacola Florida (PNS) and Dayton International Airport (DAY). PSA operates 35 Bombardier CRJ200 aircraft 41 Bombardier CRJ700 aircraft and 54 Bombardier CRJ900 aircraft. The airline expects to add additional aircraft bringing its fleet count to 150.