Associate Manager Logistics Operations Featured
- Melbourne, Florida
- Job ID
Associate Manager Logistics Operations job at Embraer in Melbourne FL
Description, duties, responsibilities
Supervises the logistics operations team and coordinates daily activities in the warehouse including but not limited to materials movement or handling receiving loading unloading transporting stacking order filing shipping inventory counts and maintaining stock.
- Maintains receiving warehousing and distribution operations by initiating coordinating and enforcing program operational and personnel policies and procedures.
- Develop and initiate monthly reports having required project timelines corporate metrics and productivity measurements.
- Complies with federal state and local warehousing material handling shipping and all OSHA requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage system.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of all inventory transactions and physical movement of materials from receipt to stocking to distribution.
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Completes warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains warehouse staff by interviewing selecting orientating and training employees.
- Maintains warehouse staff job results by coaching counseling and disciplining employees; planning monitoring and appraising job results.
- Manages the work environment to maintain employee motivation and productivity.
- Ensures employment law work security/safety rules and company policy and procedures compliance.
- Manages timekeeping in ADP for team (updating punches inputting exceptions reviewing time cards).
- Controls productivity (effectiveness/efficacy) and the organizational results for the area.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Logistics Service contract management as performance attendance and cost agreement.
- Manages create and improve KPIs as well define action plans to achieve with targets established.
- Support implementations with all the necessary data forecasting reporting and tracking of data.
- Maintains maintenance of vehicles equipment and material handling equipment by preventive maintenance and inspection for defects. Notifies maintenance personnel or contacts outside service facility for repair.
- Communicates area objectives company policies and procedures to the employees.
- Ensures high level of quality services and meets ISO9001 and AS9100 requirements.
- Manages employees in terms of professional performance career development training staff analysis area/team integration work conditions recommendations (vacation schedule shift overtime on-call stand by travel availability and day weekend) as well as offers guidance related to the disciplinary problems and authorizes employees absence.
- Daily Fill Rate tracking (run reports in SAP and ensure all open items are closed within a specific time period).
- Ensures that AOGs Critical Back Orders and Routines are processed accordingly.
- Monitor and fix SAP exceptions such as deliveries with no transfer orders and orders not closed.
- Sort inbound flow and push hourly load to receivers and shippers (including manual exchanges).
- Identify enhancement opportunities and suggest solutions for improvement to top management
- Assist audits and month-end processing to incorporate finance accruals.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
B.A. Business Management or related field preferred
Generally 4 or more years of experience in People Management. Experience working in a Supervisory role in Logistics Operations.
Knowledge Skills Abilities:
- Strong written/oral communication skills and the ability to actively listen are required.
- Ability to coach mentor and foster a positive work environment and motivate to deliver a high level of productivity
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Word Excel Outlook and PowerPoint required.
- Must demonstrate ownership responsibility to run the operation with a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to work independently and also collaboratively with others to achieve defined goals.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Must have the ability to train and coach employees
- Forklift certified
- Able to review work processes recommends measures to improve efficiency
- Extensive knowledge of shipping and receiving functions HAZMAT certification preferred
- Knowledge of inventory systems and methods
- SAP familiarity
- Second language in Portuguese and/or Spanish is desirable
Working Conditions / Environment/ Special Requirements
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirementsincluding OSHA EPA State and Federal regulations.
- Ability to work flexible hours and different shifts if required.
- Employees will be subject to the random drug and alcohol testing under FAA regulations.
GENERAL COMMITMENT FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
- Commitment to company values and complies with department norms policies directives and procedures.
- Incorporates Lean methods / processes and concepts into daily activities.
- Strive for continuous improvement in both processes and procedures.
- Honors and protects confidential and proprietary documents and information.
- Satisfies work schedule requirements.
- The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee. Performs other duties as assigned.
Area: Customer Support
Embraer Company Overview
We have built one of the largest aerospace companies in the world. This has been made possible thanks to the dedication of people from all over the world who have a genuine passion for stretching the boundaries of what is possible. It has been like this from the beginning, and we continue being guided by the desire to work with people motivated by this challenge. At Embraer, we pay attention to all the stages of professional life, which is why we offer educational programs and special projects that serve everybody, from talented youth to those looking beyond retirement. Here we have the opportunity to integrate different cultures into a global environment, and to follow personal development throughout the span of one’s career. Get to know the programs and positions we have available in Brazil and around the world. Understand that here our focus is on partnerships, human development, and allowing you to grow in areas that correspond to your interests. Come be a part of Embraer.