Principal Engineer Aerospace Valves Sme Featured
- North Hollywood, California
- Job ID
Principal Engineer Aerospace Valves Sme job at MEGGITT in North Hollywood CA
Description, duties, responsibilities
Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace defense and energy markets. We employ over 11000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia Europe North America with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The principal engineer provides industry-level expertise on design development and verification of flow control products for aero-engine (and to some airframe) pneumatic fuel hydraulic and electromechanical systems. ?The engineer personally designs and develops a variety of the most complex and novel mechanical components/systems and provides technical leadership for others as they develop all other similar solutions within the flow control valve product line.?? The job requires the ability to synthesize customer requirements and emerging technology into practical product designs and its incumbent has responsibility to oversee product design reviews and standards as the highest NPI technical authority.
Job Core Responsibilities
- Provides mechanical design expertise to develop new products and/or to support improving existing mechanical products. Meeting cost schedule and specification constraints for new product introduction.
- Acts as a technical lead for projects providing knowledge and expertise for colleagues and as the senior technical authority for all aerospace valve development providing direction and oversight across the business.
- Manages processes and activities to assure continuous learning in valve design practices and to document standards for such practices. ?Monitors quality of work driving and leading corrective and preventive actions where needed.? Chairs design review boards.
- Leads integrated project teams that include engineering manufacturing engineering quality assurance and other personnel.? Leads team meetings and assure accountability and follow through on project actions. Communicates progress and results to customers and senior leadership in Meggitt.
- Advises technology development teams on future customer needs/expectations and IPT functional leaders on lessons learned and other issues benefitting new product introduction risk reduction.
- Coordinates with expert level technical resources in other parts of Meggitt?s business to share best practices and to develop tools for greater efficiency and effectiveness of design/development processes
Education Level: (Required): Bachelors Degree (advanced degrees preferred
Field of Study/Area of Experience: Degree in mechanical aerospace or equivalent engineering field from an accredited university
12+ years of experience in relevant to aerospace valve design and development including pneumatics fuels and hydraulics
Skills Knowledge and Abilities?
- Very familiar with aerospace industry standards and practices (such as 14CFR DO-160 ARPs) and knowledgeable of aero-engine and airframe manufacturers products and expectations for suppliers.
- Demonstrated expertise with complex mechanical engineering solutions.? Able to solve complex problems; makes decisions based on the analysis of multiple sources of information.? Demonstrated success in product introduction over the product lifecycle typical of an aerospace company.
- Proficient with 3-D modelling CAD and SolidWorks; familiar with structural and performance analysis techniques and able to execute design level rough analyses.
- Effective interpersonal verbal and written communication skills to drive tasks to completion.
- Familiarity with new product development practices applicable in an aerospace industry environment.? Six Sigma (DFSS DMAIC etc) and Lean (including 5S) training and certifications preferred.
- Excellent written communication and verbal communication skills (presentations technical reports etc)
- Excellent customer service orientation
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong prioritization skills
- Decision making skills
- Well-organized detail-oriented and ability to multi-task
- Effective at training others and in demonstrating value from lessons learned.
- Champion for cultural change and strong advocate for continuous improvement / learning organization
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.? All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color religion sex including sexual orientation and gender identity national origin disability protected Veteran Status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal state or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation contact a Human Resources Representative at 1- or [Click Here to Email Your Resum?] .
MEGGITT Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.