Aviation Life Support Specialist RNO Urgent
- Reno, Nevada
- Hourly $33.00 - $38.00
- Job ID
Aviation Life Support Specialist RNO job at Tactical Air Support in Reno NV
Description, duties, responsibilities
AVIATION LIFE SUPPORT SPECIALIST (ALSS)
Tactical Air Support, Inc., a national company operating in 14 states across the country, provides domestic and international training and advisory services in tactical aviation, as well as the production, modification, and sustainment/maintenance of high-performance aircraft, is seeking an experienced Aviation Life Support Specialist (ALSS) to join our team.
The ideal candidate for the position will perform organizational, intermediate, and limited depot-level maintenance to include inspection, operational test, repair, modification, and troubleshooting on all assigned aircraft, components, and equipment. This position will report to the Senior Site Maintenance Manager and will be responsible to monitor and maintain all life support and pilot equipment including rigging components and supplies to ensure equipment is always safe and ready for use under any conditions. This position will test and inspect parachutes, their extraction and release systems, and all associated parts and for loading and securing supplies as required.
The key desirable and preferred requirements for this position include:
- Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. Please see job description for minimum requirements.
- Qualified PR "A" or Air Force school graduate.
- Possess a high degree of expertise of aircraft systems.
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of applicable maintenance/technical manuals, publications, instructions, and special tools and test equipment.
- Familiarity with operational capabilities and limitations of aircraft systems.
- Possess thorough working knowledge of the detection, prevention, and treatment of corrosion.
- Formal/specialized training; hazardous waste communication; FOD and TCP awareness; support equipment operator license; egress system checkout; non-nuclear ordnance explosive handling certified.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and ability operate tools and machinery necessary to maintain and/or repair rigging and equipment as required.
- Strong sense of safety and concern for pilots and mission.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to provide excellent customer service and build trust and rapport with colleagues.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to read, listen to, and understand information and ideas verbally, and in writing.
- Regular travel to various work sites throughout the U.S. required and ability to support detachments as assigned.
- Current U.S. government secret security clearance preferred or ability to obtain clearance.
- This position is subject to pre-employment and random drug/alcohol screening (including for marijuana) per DOT/FAA requirements for safety sensitive positions.
Tactical Air is proud to be an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Employer
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
Tactical Air Support Company Overview
Our Philosophy and Vision for the Future Since its inception in 2005, Tactical Air has utilized innovative business practices to provide our government and aviation industry partners with an unparalleled consulting and training experience. We are a business modeled after a weapons school with the largest cadre of weapons school instructors, graduates, adversaries and test pilots in the industry. Additionally, we aim to become a repository of world class aviation expertise powered by a team of aircrew, tactical and subject matter experts, engineers, and maintainers. We attract and retain talent by offering our people a profession, not just a job. The sense of ownership, purpose and meaning that comes with being a member of the Tactical Air team is unique in our industry, affording them a profession with purpose and meaning. Above all we focus on execution. Its not what we do, its how we do it.