AP TECNICIAN Urgent
- Greeley, Colorado
- Hourly $24.00 - $30.00
- Job ID
AP TECNICIAN job at WESTERN PLAINS AVIATION LLC in Greeley CO
Description, duties, responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
A&P technicians repair, troubleshoot, inspect, and perform maintenance and annual/100-hour inspections on customer aircraft and flight school aircraft. Avionics technicians perform troubleshooting, installations of new avionics, and repairs to customer aircraft. Work is performed as per appropriate service manuals and regulations as required. Employees must adhere to the Western Plains Aviation Repair Station Manual, Quality Control Manual, Training Manual, Safety Manual, and Employee Handbook.
We are looking for reliable candidates to join our growing team.
Duties and responsibilities but not limited too
- Troubleshoot, repair, inspect and perform maintenance on customer aircraft
- Perform and document all work performed per appropriate manuals and regulations as required
- Perform mechanical / electrical removals and installations
- Assist with aircraft component repair
- Assist with engine removal / installation
- Assist with fuel and / or de-fuel of aircraft
- Assist other maintenance disciplines
- May assist with maintenance at off-site locations
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Adhere to Western Plains Aviation Repair Station Manual, Quality Control Manual, Training Manual, Safety Manual, and Employee Handbook.
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) Mechanics Certificate
- Must hold a Driver’s License
- 2 years aircraft maintenance experience as a licensed A&P technician
- Must have a high level of dexterity
- Must have basic mechanical skills
- Must own basic set of aircraft maintenance tools
- Must take instruction and guidance well
- Must be able to perform strenuous work requiring lifting, pushing, and/or pulling of objects in excess of 100lbs. occasionally and objects in excess of 50lbs. regularly
- Must be goal oriented, have an exceptional attention to detail, and must work well in team situations and also as an individual
- Must have ability to read and comprehend various levels of writing
- Must have ability troubleshoot
- Basic PC skills
- Must have a flexible schedule
Western Plains Aviation performs maintenance in various locations, as determined by the needs of our clients. Individuals considering employment with Western Plains Aviation must be willing to travel, be willing to work in varying environments and be willing to work different shifts to include weekends, if necessary, as determined by management.
- Push/Pull aircraft using tow bar into resting position within hangar
- Climb on and under planes maintaining balance without fear of heights
- Quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects
- Keep your hand and arm steady while moving your arm or while holding your arm and hand in one position
- Quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine or a vehicle to exact positions
- Make precisely coordinated movements of the fingers of one or both hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble very small objects
- Visually see details at close range
- Arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules Tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Imagine how something will look after it is moved around or when its parts are moved or rearranged
- Coordinate two or more limbs while sitting, standing, or lying down
Benefitsinclude medical insurance, Simple IRA, with employer matching, personal use of company aircraft, paid holidays and personal time.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $23.00.00 - $30.00 per hour
WESTERN PLAINS AVIATION LLC Company Overview
Western Plains Aviation has been operating since 2006. It is in northern Colorado (Greeley, Colorado) at the Greeley/Weld County Airport (KGXY). We are a leading FAA Part 145 Repair Station and perform airframe maintenance, engine repairs, and avionics repairs/installations. We work primarily on Beechcraft, Cessna, Piper, and Mooney aircraft. Western Plains Aviation is looking for licensed aircraft mechanics / technicians (A&P) and avionics technicians with experience in general aviation. We offer competitive pay and benefits.