Quality Director Urgent
- Irvine, California
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Quality Director job at International Aerospace Coatings IAC in Irvine CA
Description, duties, responsibilities
Reporting to the President of Americas, the Quality Director is responsible for ensuring all quality aspects of aircraft maintenance, aircraft painting, material and tooling acquisition. He/she has oversight and quality leadership for multiple 145 repair stations in the U.S. The Director will oversee our formalized ISO900 and ISO14000 Quality Management System, including Safety, and HACCP compliance. Additionally, works within existing system and personnel to assure the production of quality products and adherence to repeatable processes. Supports continuous improvement, production process control, testing of materials, finished product and administration of maintenance records.
- Ensures compliance to FAA 145 regulations, customer specifications and internal procedures.
- Liaison with assigned FAA Inspector and other external authorities in the furtherance of aviation safety and airworthiness.
- Develops, implements, manages and integrates a QMS defined by AS9100 Rev D.
- Ensures that up-to-date technical information is available throughout the system of operation.
- Recommends, initiates, implement and verifies solutions for continuous quality and process improvement. Ensures compliance with airworthiness directives and regulations of the Federal Aviation Administration and the requirements of the Repair Station Manual (RSM).
- Designs, implements and documents procedures for process control, process improvement, testing and inspection.
- Initiates and implements quality improvement activities as appropriate to raise the performance of the company’s paint lines.
- Manages quality control and quality assurance managers and inspectors on a day to day basis.
- Performs root-cause analysis and other problem-solving activities to identity effective corrective actions and process improvements.
- Analyzes customers product specifications to establish efficient, cost effective requirements to ease of work flow and productivity.
- Establishes collection and analysis systems of statistical data to predict trends that will affect improvement of product quality.
- Interfaces with supplier and customer quality representatives concerning problems with quality control and assure that effective correction action is implemented.
- Ensures that quality control inspection personnel are properly trained in procedures, methods and practices pertinent to their job assignments and maintain proper and current training records.
- Monitors vendor performance and establishes criteria and rating system for critical vendors.
- Supports Senior Management with the development of a safe culture of continuous improvement, where all parties are involved in process improvement, to ensure that quality is built into our products and services.
- Reports to management on quality issues and trends.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, science discipline or related fields.
- 8 to 10+ years of Quality Assurance experience with 7+ years of proven managerial experience.
- Experience of quality management systems ISO9100 and 14000.
- Experience in auditing and quality in an FAA 145 regulated environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, written, verbal and communications skills.
- Proven track record of successful continuous improvement programs.
- Ability to investigate incidents and conduct root cause analysis (e.g. MEDA).
- Proficient in MS office applications.
International Aerospace Coatings IAC Company Overview
International Aerospace Coatings (IAC) is the world’s leading aviation specialist painting company. We work with International airlines, private operators and aviation leasing companies across the globe to provide tailor made aircraft painting, interior refurbishment and graphic solutions that ensure regulatory compliance globally. We currently run 16 sites, 6 of which have wide body aircraft capacity and each year we paint over 1000 aircraft across our facilities. Our European headquarters are based at Shannon Airport, County Clare, Ireland, with our US headquarters located in Spokane, Washington. Please feel free to review more information regarding IAC at http://www.aic.aero.