Avionics Instructor Urgent
- Irving, Texas
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Avionics Instructor job at Aviation Institute of Maintenance in Irving TX
Description, duties, responsibilities
Are you looking for a challenging and meaningful career? Then it is time to take your years of knowledge and experience and TRAIN TOMORROW’S TECHNICIANS at the Aviation Institute of Maintenance in Irving, TX.
Over the past 25 years, we have expanded to over a dozen campuses throughout the country, creating the world’s largest family of FAA approved Part 147 aviation maintenance schools. Our schools have close relationships with airlines such as Delta, United, Allegiant, Republic, and others, in addition to smaller airlines and MRO’s. At AIM, we train more FAA licensed aircraft mechanics than anyone else in the world and are only continuing to broaden our horizons.
AIM is currently pursuing highly qualified instructors with creative and outgoing personalities to develop, train, and pass along their skills to future Aviation Maintenance Technicians and prepare them for careers in America’s aviation industry. This position is a perfect opportunity for an experienced A&P Mechanic looking to take the next step in their education career path and impact the future of the Aviation industry.
We currently have openings for Avionics Instructors to help teach our growing group of students here at our Irving, TX campus.
- Teach classes on a regularly scheduled basis (as assigned)
- Establish and maintain academic and attendance records for student file
- Actively utilize proven student retention techniques approved by the school
- Maintain a neat and orderly classroom or lab
- Notify Program Coordinator of any current or potential problems which warrant attention
- Attend in?service training seminar, as required
- Complete performance-based teacher education modules as assigned by Program Coordinator, or as needed based on outcomes of classroom observations, instructor evaluations, and student completed surveys
- Assist Program Coordinator in maintaining equipment used by the student
- Assist Program Coordinator in development curriculum related course materials and training aids
- Perform other tasks that may be assigned by the Program Coordinator or School Director
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- MUST have NCATT Aircraft Electronics Technology (AET) Certificate
- MUST have Minimum three (3) years hands?on work experience in aviation avionics
- MUST have High School Diploma or GED, Associates Degree in related field preferred.
- Prefer FAA Airframe Mechanic Certificate; FAA Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic Certificate preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate a command of theory and practice, contemporary knowledge, and continuing study in their field
- Prefer prior instructional experience.
- Medical Health Insurance, Dental and Vision Insurance, Life and Disability Insurance
- 401k Retirement Plan
- 2 weeks of annual vacation plus holidays and paid time off
- Educational Assistance
Aviation Institute of Maintenance Company Overview
The Aviation Institute of Maintenance (AIM) is part of a successful group of companies, which first began in Norfolk, Virginia, in 1969. We have maintained a tradition of excellence in education throughout our expansion of aviation career schools over more than four decades.