Experienced Structural Analysis Engineer Featured
- North Charleston, South Carolina
- Job ID
Experienced Structural Analysis Engineer job at Boeing in North Charleston SC
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is seeking an Experienced Structural Analysis Engineer to join the team in North Charleston, SC. The analysis engineer will be an integral member of the Engineering Design Center, providing structural analysis support and solutions to a wide-ranging list of programs, projects and components across the Enterprise. We are a team of fast-paced eager engineers and bold innovators willing to push boundaries. Join us and be part of the team that will change the future of aerospace.
- Performs detailed structural analysis (static strength, durability/fatigue and damage tolerance) to determine structural integrity (margins of safety), using classical techniques and Boeing tools.
- Guides structural design and configuration development.
- Performs trade studies to optimize structure and meet program requirements.
- Researches and prepares data to support definition of structural design requirements.
- Investigates emerging technologies to develop future product designs to meet projected requirements.
The selected candidate will be required to perform work on-site.
Employer is not willing to sponsor a visa. This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Intermediate knowledge of aircraft structure, materials strengths and properties, design criteria, loading conditions, and methods of analysis.
- Bachelor of Science (or greater) degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics, or chemistry.
- 3+ years of experience in aerospace stress analysis and/or structural analysis.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience with composite structures and fuselage stress analysis.
- Excellent communication and project management skills, along with the ability to make decisions and deliver results.
- Committed to finding a way to resolve problems and keep commitments.
- Experience working structural activities with Boeing airplanes.
- Ability to lead, work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to quickly adapt to program tools and procedures.
- Experience in Model Based Definition, CATIA, ENOVIA and PDM.
- Experience using NASTRAN/PATRAN or similar FEM software to perform structural analysis on aircraft or space structures.
- Experience with basic hand calculations, the ability to generate free body diagram, and understanding of material properties.
- Experience with Product Development.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Occasional travel (10%) may be required in support of the program and customer.
$95,000 – $120,000
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Shift Work Statement:
This position is First shift.
This is a non-union represented position.
Referral to this job is eligible for $1,500 referral bonus, upon approval.
Export Control Requirements: U.S. Government Export Control Status: This position must meet export control compliance requirements. To meet export control compliance requirements, a “U.S. Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15 is required. “U.S. Person” includes U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Export Control Details: US based job, US Person required
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Boeing Company Overview
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense space and security systems. As Americas biggest manufacturing exporter the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Boeing products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft satellites weapons electronic and defense systems launch systems advanced information and communication systems and performance-based logistics and training.