Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
American Winds Aviation is a small, but growing, flight school located at Akron Fulton Airport in Akron, Ohio. At the present time, we are urgently looking for an A&P mechanic for immediate employment. This individual must be able to hit the ground running on hiring to perform scheduled maintenance on our fleet of single and twin-engine, piston-driven aircraft. The individual MUST be able to work independently and NOT require constant supervision. Starting salary is consummate with experience. Inspection authorization is a major plus.
- Maintains the company aircraft in an airworthy condition.
- Ensures all inspections, repairs, and component charges are accomplished according with the manufacturers and/or FAA approved procedures.
- Maintains compliance with maintenance procedures, airworthiness directives, service bulletins, service letters, and applicable Federal Aviation Regulations.
- Provides the President/Chief Flight Instructor with the current airworthiness status of the aircraft and the forecasted down times to facilitate maintenance scheduling and insure timely deferral or correction of aircraft’s discrepancies.
- Maintains all necessary work records and logbooks, including certification in the aircraft permanent maintenance records, that the aircraft is approved for return to service.
- Takes the necessary action to correct all squawks and report their corrected completion to the President/Chief Flight Instructor.
- Maintains workshop and maintenance hanger in a clean and servicable condition to include all required tools and equipment. Also assists in maintaining aircraft hangers.
- Monitors and re-stocks existing inventory of tools and parts associated with the airplane fleet.
- Tracks the Hobbs time for scheduling inspections and maintenance.
- Maintains and records all due dates for pilot static checks, transponder checks, and ELT checks.
- Performs the 100 hour and annual inspections
- Maintains the aircraft so that they are in an airworthy condition on a daily basis, meeting each foreseen and unforeseen situation that may arise.
- Current A&P certificate required
- Must meet the recent experience requirements as stated in 14 CFR 65.83
- Minimum two years professional aircraft maintenance work experience preferred for A&P mechanic
- Must have basic mechanical skills
- Must own basic set of aircraft maintenance tools
- Must take instruction and guidance well
- Must be goal oriented, have an exceptional attention to detail, and must work well in team situations and also as an individual.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
- Must be able to perform moderately strenuous physical tasks including bending, stooping, kneeling, and working overhead for long periods of time
- Must hold a valid US driver’s license
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must have a flexible schedule and be able to possibly work nights and/or weekends to keep the aircraft fleet in a airworthy condition.
Please send resume by email to .
Piston Engine AP Mechanic job at American Winds Aviation
Apply for this Piston Engine AP Mechanic position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.
Over 75,044 Aviation Career Opportunities
Enjoy a sneak peak of the most recent aviation jobs listed in the Avjobs Applicant System. Avjobs has over 75,044
aviation jobs available. 68,888 new jobs have been posted in the last 30 days.
Sign in to view jobs in your area.