Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
San Diego, CA
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
This position typically reports to a senior program manager and is responsible for the planning managing and technical performance of one or more developed or mature engineering program(s) contained at a single location. Manages programs which have well defined program plans and delivery methodologies. Leads all phases of assigned program(s) from initiation through delivery. Responsible for program(s) which represent stable growth. Applies established technologies using standard principles theories concepts and techniques to provide solutions to a variety of technical problems. Typically accomplishes objectives through subordinate managers. Responsible for decisions that could impact outcomes where erroneous decisions could cause serious schedule delays and expenditure of additional time and resources.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage all phases of the program(s) from conceptualization through completion including acquisition planning and managing technical performance to ensure quality business and financial objectives are attained.
- Develop and coordinate program plans or delivery methods which usually serve a single customer.
- Participate with technical staff and/or Division/Group executive management to develop and implement current annual and long-term technical schedule quality business and financial objectives for the program(s). May also contribute to the development of Group/Company objectives.
- Participate with engineering to establish design concepts criteria and engineering efforts for product research development testing and integration.
- Interact with internal and external representatives at various levels concerning resolution of technical and scheduling issues. Act as primary contact for program issues.
- Influence and coordinate the preparation of proposals business plans proposal work statements and specifications operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract(s). Influence contract acquisitions negotiations and modifications.
- Ensure technical leadership and excellence is maintained by participating in the planning attraction selection retention and development of the required management professional and technical talent.
- Act as the primary customer contact for program activities and may lead program review sessions with customers to discuss cost schedule and technical performance.
- Identify program issues and provide leadership in developing solutions such as re-allocation of resources or modifying contract specification.
- Contribute to the development of new business opportunities and expansion of existing business opportunities. May participate with Group management in pursuing business partnerships alliances and joint ventures that enhance the capabilities of the Group/Company and may result in new products programs and business opportunities.
- Manage the development of and ensure the security of proprietary technology and maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.Other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a Bachelors Masters or PhD in engineering science or a related technical field as well as eleven or more years of progressively complex program administration experience with at least five of those years managing programs. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Demonstrates technical expertise and application of program management principles concepts and practice as well as program management and leadership skills including organizing planning scheduling and coordinating workloads to meet established deadlines or milestones.
- Must be able to develop solutions to problems that require coordination of technologies across program requirements. Strong communication leadership presentation and interpersonal skills are required to enable an effective interface with other departments all levels of management professional and support staff customers potential customers and government representatives.
- Customer focused must be able to work on a self-initiated basis and in a team environment and able to work extended hours and travel as required.
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Program Manager job at General Atomics
Apply for this Program Manager position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Now Hiring, Boise ID
Premier Aviation Company has Many Career Opportunities Available-View & Apply Now
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.