Summary/Objective: The Inflight Duty Manager straight line reports to the Assistant Director of Inflight Services. The Duty Manager is a “people manager” responsible for management and oversight of PSA’s 3 Inflight Supervisors and 1-2 Operations Coordinators/Base Administrative staff. This person is responsible for developing the Inflight Supervisory Team through coaching counseling and when necessary taking corrective action. The primary function of this position is to support the Assistant Director of Inflight Services in the safe and efficient administration of Inflight Services exemplifying the PSA Way in every component of their job.
The Duty Manager assesses performance appearance and conduct in accordance with regulations company policy and standards and anticipates Inflight Services department-related needs. The successful Duty Manager communicates needs proactively to the Assistant Director of Infight Services recommending solutions and options for department initiatives. The Duty Manager is self-directed highly motivated professional who thrives in a fast-paced corporate and airport environment and has a strong ability to work independently and with others. The Duty Manager brings airline industry credibility to PSA’s Management team and adds luster to the airline’s operational organization.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Creates initiatives and meets goal performance metrics in support of PSA’s 5 Imperatives for Growth Opportunity and Stability.
- Hires develops and mentors base management staff flight attendants and administrative staff of the Inflight Operations Establish strong relationships with other department managers supervisors flight attendants and AFA leadership. Provide Inflight Department policy guidance and interpretation.
- Assist in conducting interviews for special project functions recruiters line check attendants and instructors.
- Conduct new hire orientation and familiarization to line operations.
- Analyze trends and patterns provide reporting tools as needed.
- Collaborate with Human Resources Department employees on EEOC related concerns.
- Communicate regularly with Assistant Director of Inflight Services Manager of Inflight Training. Inflight Standards and Crew Scheduling personnel.
- Lead and participate in special projects as assigned that encompass the breadth of Inflight Department functions.
- Conduct investigatory hearings and issue corrective action as applicable and necessary.
- Provide support to Crew Resources in maintaining flight schedules during normal and abnormal operations.
- Responsible for meeting all operational deadlines.
- Maintain qualification on all aircraft types to which flight attendant personnel are assigned.
- Cross-train for other job functions as designated by the Assistant and Director Inflight Services.
- Flexibility to work long hours i.e. early mornings late evening weekends and holidays to meet the needs of the operation.
- Reachable via smart phone 24 / 7 as necessary to meet the needs of the operation.
Competencies and Knowledge: The successful candidate should have demonstrated skills in the following: coaching; influence; approachability; performance management; problem solving; strong communication (verbal and written); ability to translate complex aviation terms and explanations into easily understandable language for all employees; strong project management skills; ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment; change advocacy; professional aptitude; multi-tasking and adaptability in an aggressive growth environment.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position has direct supervisory responsibility for 3 supervisors and 1-2 Operations Coordinators / Based Administrative personnel.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers telephones photocopiers facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; When serving as a flight attendant must in performance of those duties lift weight up to 42 lbs.; use hands to finger handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position with an expectation of occasional on site office coverage on evenings and weekend as job duties demand. Days and hours of work in the office environment are generally Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Travel: Frequent out-of-area and overnight travel may be required.
Required Education and Experience: Associates degree or higher or equivalent life /work experience. Three to five years of experience in a management position preferably in the aviation field with the leadership skills to oversee a large group of employees (800 +).
Manager must exhibit the knowledge skills and abilities of the flight attendant position including understanding the work routines processes technical skills. Duty Manager must have the interpersonal skills to interact with multiple personalities from diverse backgrounds and cultures and understand the differences. Duty Manager must be able to think forward envision the needs of the department of an airline in growth mode. Duty Manager must have strong organizational skills work cooperatively cross departmentally in order to execute the various tasks of the department. Duty Manager must have a working knowledge of advanced computer skills with Microsoft Office programs. Flight Attendant experience and certification. Associates or Bachelor’s degree in related position is a plus.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications: Working knowledge of federal aviation regulations CFR Part 121. Organizational diagnosis; employee and union relations training; diversity; performance management;
Work Authorization/Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race color creed religion sex (including pregnancy gender identity and sexual orientation) national origin citizenship status age disability genetic information protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Please sign in to apply for this job.