Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
Software Integration Engineer
San Diego, CA
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics (GA) and its affiliated companies is one of the worlds leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft airborne sensors and advanced electric electronic wireless and laser technologies.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
General Atomics Electromagnetic Systems (GA-EMS) is a supplier of advanced electromagnetic systems related power equipment and other high technology products for a variety of government and commercial applications. These include products such as the design and fabrication of linear motors superconducting and conventional rotating motors power inverters high-energy capacitors radiation monitoring systems high-voltage direct current power distribution systems and numerous other products.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Software Integration Engineer to join our Software and Controls group in our Rancho Bernardo CA location.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design develop and execute software integration test plans and procedures.
- Design develop and execute automated test software.
- Design and develop operating system platform configurations for software products.
- Support customization for test configurations lab deployment and test.
- Develop custom script-based programs for real-time test applications.
- Work closely with application developers to establish robust software products.
- Develop custom script-based programs for real-time re-configuration.
- Configure off-the-shelf hardware and platform support software.
- Support customization for test configurations and lab deployment.
- Work within documented development process and procedures using standardized software development support tools.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree masters degree or PhD in computer science information systems or related discipline and progressive software development experience as follows; six or more years of experience with a bachelors degree four or more years of experience with a masters degree or two or more years with a PhD. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must have a thorough understanding of software development concepts principles and theory and demonstrate a thorough understanding and application of programming and analysis concepts.
- Must possess the ability to develop and communicate new concepts and apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment.
- Ability to organize schedule and coordinate work phases and determine the appropriate approach at the task level or with assistance at the project level to provide solutions to a range of complex problems.
- Experience with software development for multiple operating system environments including real-time systems.
- Proficiency in Bourne / bash shell script coding.
- Demonstrated expertise in working with bash sed awk and Perl are a plus.
- Proficient in C coding; C++ is a plus.
- Experience with integration of systems utilizing multiple control computers and system control hardware.
- Experience working with DOD system engineering and requirements-based system development through all program phases including requirements flow-down and RVTM development is preferred.
- Previous experience with hardware-software integration of embedded operating systems.
- System and subsystem activation testing and troubleshooting experience.
- Must be customer focused and able to work on a self- initiated basis or in a team environment and able to work extended hours and travel as required.
- Ability to lead in a small team environment and demonstrate ownership of the assigned tasks.
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Software Integration Engineer job at General Atomics
Apply for this Software Integration Engineer position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.