Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
San Diego, CA
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics (GA) and its affiliated companies is one of the worldA¢a,¬a¢s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft airborne sensors and advanced electric electronic wireless and laser technologies.
General Atomics Electromagnetic Systems (GA-EMS) designs and manufactures first-of-a-kind electromagnetic and electric power generation systems. GA-EMSA¢a,¬a¢ expanding portfolio of specialized products and integrated system solutions support critical fleet space systems and satellites missile defense power and energy and process and monitoring applications for defense industrial and commercial customers worldwide.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Quality Engineer in our Electromagnetic Systems (EMS) Group located in Rancho Bernardo CA.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops modifies coordinates and documents the implementation evaluation and maintenance of quality assurance programs and systems on one or more mid-size projects.
- Provides advice and guidance in interpreting and adapting quality standards and government regulations.
- Collaborates with engineering and manufacturing to ensure quality standards are in place.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires a review of identifiable factors.
- Analyzes design reliability and quality to recommend process changes and enhancements.
- Creates or recommends design dimensional or manufacturing process changes to improve products and reduce costs.
- Devises and implements methods and procedures for inspecting testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and production equipment.
- Participates in functional testing and/or inspection of equipment and systems.
- Audits quality systems for deficiency identification and correction.
- Implements solutions to complex problems occurring internally and at vendor facilities.
- Prepares statistical analysis reports specifications and other technical documents.
- Interprets and adapts quality standards and government regulations.
- Provides limited project direction to other staff members.
- May perform incoming material/part inspection.
- May generate nonconformance material rejections and corrective action reports as well as communicating final acceptance test reports with customers.
- May also generate and maintain files of all quality and as-built information for each product.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a bachelors or masters degree in engineering or related discipline and two or more years of related experience. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must be able to apply a sound understanding of inspection methods and have good knowledge of computer operations and applications.
- Must have the analytical ability required to develop creative solutions to routine and non-routine quality issues and the skills required to present those solutions to internal and external contacts.
- Must be detail-oriented to accurately prepare statistical reports and technical documents in support of company objectives.
- Must have good leadership skills to direct staff members and ensure project costs and schedules are maintained. Able to work extended hours as required.
- Must have SAP and Material Master experience
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Quality Engineer job at General Atomics
Apply for this Quality Engineer position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Now Hiring, Boise ID
Premier Aviation Company has Many Career Opportunities Available-View & Apply Now
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.