Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All AVMATS Jobs
Aircraft Avionics Technician
From: $18.00 To: $30.00
Seeking an experienced Avionics Technician for AVMATS Jet Support location at Spirit of St Louis Airport, Chesterfield, MO.
- Candidate must posses skills and knowledge in aircraft avionics for the performance of scheduled maintenance and inspections, repairs and modifications on all types of business jet and turboprop aircraft.
- Opening available for day shift position, 6:45 am - 3:15 pm Monday thru Friday, overtime as needed.
- Position candidate will report directly to Avionics Shop Manager.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance and Long term Disability
- Matched 401k
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Days
- Paid Personal Days
- Paid Vacation
- Family-Run Atmosphere
- Medical Deductible Contribution
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Applicant must have working knowledge of aircraft avionics and electrical systems. Performance of aviation technician functions including inspection, repair, system checkout and FAR 91.411/.413 experience.
- Ideal candidate would have experience with installation or a basic understanding of: VHF Comm systems, GPS, VOR, ILS, DME, transponder systems, Autopilot systems, Pitot-Static systems (including RVSM re-certifications), Aircraft batteries, Cabin entertainment systems, FAA regulations, and general flight line troubleshooting. Prior issuance of an FAA Repairman Certificate with an avionics repair station is a plus; as well as having an FCC license. Applicants should include a summary of their training history.
- Completion of all Inspection Forms and FAA Form 337's. Records will be completed and processed through the Inspection Department.
- Check conformance with approved drawings or approved data.
- Keep current on regulations and all technical data for work assigned.
- Assist the Chief Inspector in completing their duties, and advise them of unairworthy conditions, or procedures contrary to this Repair Station Manual or the Quality Control System and Procedures Manual.
- Responsible to assure all parts received from stock have a proper maintenance release tag, or in the case of shelf-life materials, that the items are not outdated.
- Assure that the calibration of all inspection aids and test equipment used are up to date.
- Familiarization with the content and procedures of Repair Station manual.
- See that all necessary safety precautions are followed around the aircraft and all work areas to prevent the possibility of any accident or injuries.
- Notify the appropriate Shop Manager in the event of unsafe condition or safety hazards.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 3+ years of work related experience.
- Specific experience with avionics system development preferred.
- Knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR’s).
- Exceptional problem solving.
- Excellent communications skills at all levels.
- Possesses quality focus and documentation skills.
- Be able to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands/arms, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- May require lifting and/or moving up at least 50 pounds or more.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Aircraft Avionics Technician job at AVMATS
Apply for this Aircraft Avionics Technician position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Now Hiring, Boise ID
Premier Aviation Company has Many Career Opportunities Available-View & Apply Now
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.