Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
The Certification Engineer will perform technical and administrative engineering tasks to secure and sustain certifications in support of company objectives. The Certification Engineer will interface with evaluation agencies, provide them with required technical documentation, and make credible justifications on engineering designs. Consistently exemplify the Satcom Direct (SD) mission, vision and values focused around a philosophy directed toward customer service/satisfaction, job performance and cooperative team interactions. Willingness to support organizational policies that foster “continuous improvement” activities, promote SD’s ongoing strategic growth plan and maintain its position as the premiere leader within the Aviation Satellite Communications industry.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and should demonstrate the following competencies to consistently perform the essential functions of this position. All employees are expected to adhere to and be knowledgeable of Satcom Direct (SD) operations standards, established security/safety rules and requirements for attendance. The requirements listed below are representative of the fundamental knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform the job successfully:
• Prepare engineering drawings, reports, analyses, correspondence, and data to be used for certification of new and existing parts.
• Direct meetings and technical presentations.
• Perform checking of drawing quality.
• Maintain engineering files and company records.
• Interface with company technicians and outside vendors/suppliers to develop product design specifications; optimize production processes and ensure overall compliance.
• Apply technical knowledge and/or programming skills in solving complex problems using specialized analysis software and/or data acquisition equipment.
• Developed knowledge and expertise on SD’s product line.
• Collaborate in the creation of product functional specifications, designs, and the testing for new products to ensure certification and security requirements are addressed throughout the entire product lifecycle.
• Participate in the certification standards’ bodies and keep abreast of emerging standards as required by the business.
• Lead the certification process for the company's new and existing products with the objective of obtaining certification in a timely and cost effective manner.
• Develop and execute certification plans to support modification projects.
• Manage project certification compliance.
• Participate in preliminary design review meetings as needed.
• Alert appropriate personnel to changes affecting the Company by reviewing the Federal Register and monitoring regulatory change proposals to assure the Company meets all regulatory requirements.
• Provide guidance to the development teams as it relates to regulatory and industry standards.
• Other duties as assigned.
GENERAL QUALIFICATIONS: EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE:
• B.S. engineering degree, mechanical or electronic preferred.
• 2-4 years’ experience in Mechanical engineering
• Proficient in MS Office including Word and Excel.
• A broad understanding of hardware, software, and systems engineering best practices; practical product development experience in any of the engineering domains a plus.
• Strong communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment with minimal direct supervision.
• Excellent communication skills including technical report writing, development and delivery presentations to all levels of management, and the ability to effectively listen and communicate with customers, vendors, and members of federal regulation agencies.
• Prior experience reviewing and approving drawings.
• Hands on experience with the following standards:
• Competitive compensation comensurate on experience.
• Excellent benefits package including: medical, dental and vision insurance; disability and life insurance; 401(k) retirement plan with company match and no vesting schedule, tuition reimbursement, onsite fitness facility and much more.
Satcom Direct only hires team players with a high level of professionalism that demonstrate a positive attitude and an overall willingness to get the job done. We are looking for people who are passionate about customer satisfaction and who excel in a rapidly changing technology environment. Qualified candidates, please apply online using the link provided.
Satcom Direct is an equal opportunity employer.
Please sign in to apply for this job.