Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
Ground Support Mechanic
China Lake, CA
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
Under general supervision this position is responsible for inspecting testing servicing operating and troubleshooting ground support equipment (GSE) to determine serviceability and proper operation.
- Inspects services repairs maintains and operates GSE as required.
- Prepares GSE for storage and transportation.
- Troubleshoots malfunctions; removes disassembles repairs cleans treats assembles and reinstalls malfunctioning accessories and components.
- Maintains and updates a variety of documents records databases and electronic systems.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for observing all laws regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Typically requires education/formal training equivalent to the completion of a two-year trade school or certification program in a related discipline and one or more years of experience as a GSE mechanic. Equivalent work experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must demonstrate a general understanding of GSE equipment practices and concepts as well as general knowledge of hand tools and troubleshooting equipment and ability to read moderately complex specifications blueprints drawings schematics and manuals.
- Must be customer focused and possess: (1) the ability to grasp new concepts quickly; (2) the ability to identify issues and recognize deviations from accepted practices and processes and resolve moderately complex mechanical issues; (3) good organizational analytical interpersonal verbal and written communication skills to accurately document and report; (4) working knowledge of computer operations and applications. Ability to work both independently and in a team environment is essential as well as the ability to work extended hours as required.
Security Clearance: Yes
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Ground Support Mechanic job at General Atomics
Apply for this Ground Support Mechanic position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.