Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
Engineering Manufacturing Liaison
Grand Forks, ND
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
Under general supervision and with intermittent review this position supports program engineering and manufacturing by serving as a liaison between the engineering and manufacturing departments. Reviews and monitors program development progress and expedites critical path components and processes to maintain schedule. Evaluates and resolves engineering related production problems related to manufacturing design quality and material engineering. Maintains physical control of program assets. May negotiate lead times with suppliers and manage schedules for timely delivery. This position involves the exercise of independent judgment and discretion about matters of significance.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identifies issues in engineering and manufacturing and utilizes resources for resolution.
- Reviews engineering specifications and drawings.
- Confers across functional areas to provide and obtain technical information.
- Coordinates delivery schedule of raw materials and sub-assemblies from contractors.
- Monitors and reports on progress of manufactured parts required for project.
- Assists in and/or monitors the design and development process by coordinating between various engineering and manufacturing departments.
- Coordinates engineering support for manufacturing requirements and ensures schedule parity.
- Maintains project specific prototype inventory control.
- Coordinates Manufacturing Service Request activities by resolving priority schedule conflicts.
- Monitors and analyzes open engineering issues affecting sales orders.
- Alerts planning department to open engineering issues that may affect manufacturing.
- Alerts engineering departments to sales order activity that may affect outstanding work.
- May conduct periodic program engineering/manufacturing planning meetings.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Responsible for observing all laws regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to maintain a productive and safe working environment in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Manage Bonded stores stockroom.
- Perform shipping and receiving functions as required.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree in business planning or a related discipline as well as three or more years of progressive experience in planning coordinating and scheduling production operations. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must have a general knowledge of production and engineering support principles and concepts and a general understanding of practices techniques and standards.
- Must be customer focused and possess: (1) the ability to use independent analysis and judgment in developing solutions to a variety of non-routine problems of moderate scope and complexity; (2) excellent verbal and written communications and presentations skills to accurately document and report findings to a variety of audiences; (3) excellent interpersonal skills to influence and guide employees managers and external parties; and (4) excellent computer skills.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
- Previous stockroom management experience
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Engineering Manufacturing Liaison job at General Atomics
Apply for this Engineering Manufacturing Liaison position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.