: At PSA we are a close-knit passionate team that values each other’s opinions and holds ourselves and others accountable to be our absolute best. We strive to live the PSA Way
– exemplifying Passion Professional Excellence Safety Respect and being Prepared in everything we do. Engaging our employees is extremely important to us and we seek to hire leaders who can inspire enable and encourage others to succeed using the PSA Way as their model.
- Manage the Safety Department.
- Maintaining compliance with all standards established by PSA Airlines.
- Oversee the PSA Airlines Aviation Safety Action Program (ASAP) for pilots mechanics and dispatchers.
- Oversee the PSA Airlines Flight Operations Quality Assurance Program (FOQA).
- Oversee and conduct Line Operation Safety Audits (LOSA).
- Oversee the Fatigue Risk Management Program (FRMP) for both pilots and flight attendants.
- Oversee the Safety Management System (SMS).
- Oversee the Internal Audit and Evaluation Program (IAEP).
- Represent PSA Airlines in the Aviation Sharing Information and Analysis Program (ASIAS) working groups.
- Oversee the OSHA Tracking/reporting of injuries.
- Oversee the tracking and reporting of all injury/illness accident incident reports and investigations.
- Participate in the Regional Airline Association (RAA) Safety Council meetings.
- Work in conjunction with the American Airlines Safety Department and other Regional Airlines Safety Departments.
- Generate and present safety data as requested by senior management.
- Manage the Emergency Response Program.
- Act as a liaison between the Company American Airlines and the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) with Emergency Response.
- Ensure the Emergency Response manual is kept up to date and train all new employees.
- Conduct quarterly Emergency Response drills.
- Manage the Customer Assistance Relief Effort (CARE) Team and work with the NTSB TDA Staff.
- Represent the Company in event of an emergency as the JFSOC Coordinator and back the VP of Safety up in representing the Company as the party coordinator.
- Oversee the training of all new employees (Pilots Mechanics Dispatchers and Flight Attendants) on the safety culture established at PSA and all of the safety programs available.
- Continue the Safety Promotion process to increase the Safety Culture at the Airline with all employees.
- Interact with the Union Safety Representatives.
- Interact and act as a liaison between the FAA and the Company when needed.
- Prepare and distribute reports to federal state and local safety authorities as required.
- Oversee the employees in the Safety Department to include training and development of new employees.
- In absence duties will be performed by the Flight Safety Program Manager.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the VPOS.
Competencies and Knowledge: The successful candidate should have demonstrated skills in the following: approachability; time and performance management; strong organizational skills; proactive and collaborative approach to problem-solving; positive communication skills (verbal and written); ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment; ability to interact with all levels of company personnel; strong team player; professional aptitude; ability to manage multiple projects at one time with time sensitive deadlines; ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive situations appropriately when performing job duties; prepare presentations; and adaptability in an aggressive growth environment.
Supervisory Responsibility: This is a supervisory position. Has a supervisory role over all employees in the Safety Department.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers telephones photocopiers facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday typically from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm with occasional extended periods of time as necessary.
Travel: Some travel will be expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in Aviation or Aviation Safety preferred. 3 years of Aviation Safety experience required.
- Management skills required
- Commercial Pilot Rating preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent writing/ communication skills.
- Ability to perform statistical analysis
Additional Eligibility Qualifications: Ability to speak/read/write in English. Proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office programs.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race color creed religion national origin citizenship status protected veteran status age marital status sex sexual orientation gender identity genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.