Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All General Atomics Jobs
San Diego, CA
Salary Annual: USD
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) an affiliate of General Atomics is a world leader in proven reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Metrologist to join our 2nd shift Composite Tooling team
within the Manufacturing department at GA-ASI located in Poway CA.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc. (GA-ASI) is looking for a skilled and motivated metrologist to join our team and to help bring new ideas to flight. The metrology department is looking for individuals who have proven measurement skills using large scale coordinate measurement methods such as laser trackers photogrammetry and structured light scanners. Candidates should have a practical GD&T knowledge with some CAD modeling skills and reverse engineering experience Desired. The Metrology Department at GA-ASI is a service organization that provides measurement services for engineering root cause analysis tool building component acceptance process qualification and prototype assembly. The department also performs surface scanning and reverse engineering to support product development.
- Typically requires an associates degree in engineering or related technical field and one year of related experience. Equivalent professional experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Laser tracker experience using Verisurf or SA software.
- Photogrammetry and structured light scanning experience preferably using GOM Tritop and Atos Software.
- Reverse engineering using Design X Polyworks or similar software
- CAD/CAM design experience using Solidworks Creo/Pro-E Mastercam Catia Unigraphics
- Ability to work alone with limited supervision and to be self-directed to achieve a defined goal
- Able to work with other metrologists or in small cross functional groups to achieve a defined goal
- ust demonstrate a broad understanding of engineering principles theories and concepts.
- Must possess:
- (1) the ability to grasp new concepts quickly and work with minimal supervision;
- (2) the ability to read and interpret blueprints drawings and other engineering documentation;
- (3) strong organization skills;
- (4) the ability to identify issues and interpret data;
- (5) good analytical interpersonal verbal and written communication skills to accurately document report and assess situations and make judgments; and
- (6) good knowledge of computer operations and applications pertinent to the field.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours as required.
- Must have the ability to work 2nd shift.
Security Clearance: No
Travel Percentage: 0% - 25%
Metrologist job at General Atomics
Apply for this Metrologist position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.